Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacing worn chains etc on muckspreader

• 28-09-2009 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi All,
    looking for a bit of advice re the above.I have a Hi Spec 800 and the flails are hitting off the body especially when near empty.The cleats welded onto the rotor are fine but the little clamps that fits into the cleat to hold the chain seem to be stretched and presumably the chains have some wear too,The metal plates that fit on the flail head are in various states of disrepair.What are my options for repairing this-could i get away with replacing the little cleats ,renewing the bolts and metal plates and shortening the chains by removing a link or is there some where selling all the bits and pieces at good value.All suggestions welcome. TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭DanFindy

the al kid wrote: »
    Hi All,
    looking for a bit of advice re the above.I have a Hi Spec 800 and the flails are hitting off the body especially when near empty.The cleats welded onto the rotor are fine but the little clamps that fits into the cleat to hold the chain seem to be stretched and presumably the chains have some wear too,The metal plates that fit on the flail head are in various states of disrepair.What are my options for repairing this-could i get away with replacing the little cleats ,renewing the bolts and metal plates and shortening the chains by removing a link or is there some where selling all the bits and pieces at good value.All suggestions welcome. TIA

Just take out a link or 2 lad simple solution!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Johnnyr

DanFindy wrote: »
    Just take out a link or 2 lad simple solution!!!

An even simpler solution is to put a short bolt through the end of the link and tighten it up. The bolt has to go through at the start or end of the link, not in between the other links that are threaded through. You might have to do it with a few links depending on how much the chain is stretched. Hope this makes sense, but it works the finest. See attached word doc.

Put bolt here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭DanFindy

Johnnyr wrote: »
    An even simpler solution is to put a short bolt through the end of the link and tighten it up. The bolt has to go through at the start or end of the link, not in between the other links that are threaded through. You might have to do it with a few links depending on how much the chain is stretched. Hope this makes sense, but it works the finest. See attached word doc.

Put bolt here

Yup a good job too lad, been there done that:)

Advertisement