Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long for object to 'pass thru'

Options
  • 28-09-2009 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

Our 11 week old puppy may have eaten a puller thing of a zip. How long should it take for it to pass thru him? I just know it'll turn up and I'll have been examining poos for nothing! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Gunnar eats all sorts of foreign objects and I usually see them when picking up the next days poop so I'd guess between 12-18 hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

No sign of it yesterday or today - i did find a pebble thou :D He's getting his second vaccination this evening so I'll ask the vet about it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Good plan to ask the vet, because the dog is a puppy it should appear out the other end within 36 hours, but it will prob make its way out in about 12 hours. If it ws an older dog it may take longer.

I have the unfortunate experience of "poo watch" quite a bit with one of mine being a bit of a chewer, always so warey of blockages! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

The vet said it would show up pretty quickly but no sign of it after in Sunday or Mondays poo so I'm going to assume he didn't eat it! The vet checked him over and everything is fine with him so no signs of it being stuck or anything.

Advertisement