Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Workin' 9-5

Options
  • 28-09-2009 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Has been happening for a while now and is really bothersome. When I sleep, I have very clear (and real) dreams of being at work - and doing all the regular work tasks such as helping customers, putting stock out, etc. I need to get out of this habit - working eight hours (10-6) and then dreaming about it overnight is not what I need! Especially as I seem to wake up very tired.

What is even more annoying is that I think about things like music, gaming and the website that I am heavily involved in nearly every waking moment. Why can't I dream of something like that which I would enjoy?! :confused: My brain is fully switched off from the day job by the time I go to sleep and as I've said, I would be thinking about the website (for example) up until I do drift off. That would be much more productive for me (especially if I could remember the plans for world domination :D).

🤪

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭1_in_1,000,000

Gawd, i totally know what your talking about. i used to dream about work all the timeand wake up nackered. but it just stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Lucky you! Had this kind of thing happen in a previous job too....that stopped after I quit

>.>
    <.<

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ladyinwaiting

I find when I am so tired and working LOADS, when I go to sleep I find it very hard to switch off so when Im asleep I am basically still in work! Its so annoying, you wake up and feel like you have worked a double shift!!

Try some camomile tea, reading a 'gentle' book, getting some fresh air, going for a walk before bed.....these things will calm you down a bit and hopefully help you.

Advertisement