Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forza 3

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I actually didnt dowload the demo as i simply refuse to play without a wheel setup,i only have 2 pads on my 360.
    All i can say is are you sure you have all aids off?
    As i say i dont have the demo so i cant comment but normally the guys are usually spot on, however they could very well be wrong.
    Since i do have forza 2 i might download the demo and directly compare them but with the limited means of a pad.
    Ill reply here when i get round to doing so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Could someone tell me if this game has split-screen multiplayer? Most of the new racing games don't seem to include it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

smithy1981 wrote: »
    Could someone tell me if this game has split-screen multiplayer? Most of the new racing games don't seem to include it.

Ya, it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

the only problem about the fanatec wheel is the price.

christ, you could buy 2*360s for the price.

does seem pretty amazing tho.

that chic is pretty damn hot btw. om nom

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

If i had a euro for everythime i read that on various forums id be a millionaire :)
    Yeah Jessica is seriously hot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Dcully wrote: »
    I actually didnt dowload the demo as i simply refuse to play without a wheel setup,i only have 2 pads on my 360.
    All i can say is are you sure you have all aids off?
    As i say i dont have the demo so i cant comment but normally the guys are usually spot on, however they could very well be wrong.
    Since i do have forza 2 i might download the demo and directly compare them but with the limited means of a pad.
    Ill reply here when i get round to doing so :)

Yeah I play with all aids off but I am a auto man to my shame :o

The guys are not wrong you see, I am pretty confident that on its own Forza 3 will be a great game. An excellent game. Its just the actual racing (physics, damage & sound) in the demo doesn't seem vastly improved. I would have hoped for differing weather conditions at least throughout the racing calender.

It is only a demo though and a 9-10 lap race in the full edition where there is 2 tenths between me and the car behind will probably really show any differences

kaimera wrote: »
    the only problem about the fanatec wheel is the price.

christ, you could buy 2*360s for the price.

does seem pretty amazing tho.

Preach.

Yeah while I'd love the Fanatec Wheel the Microsoft one can be gotten at a fraction of the cost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Anyone else getting the LCE version of the game? gonna drop into gamestop to preorder mine tomorrow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Whats the need for a clutch anyways, most of the supercars in the game would have sequential gearboxes that are fully electric ie. a press of a button to change gears.

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Whats the need for a clutch anyways, most of the supercars in the game would have sequential gearboxes that are fully electric ie. a press of a button to change gears.

You're right a lot of supercars have done away with manual boxes but I'd imagine there are more cars in the game with a normal manual transmission than there are tip tronic/flappy paddle/DSG type boxes

Its very important for drifting.

It adds another layer of reality getting closer to simulating real driving.

Its a basic requirement for racing sim fans I'd imagine

While a small % of people will use it I imagine (due to cost of peripherals and difficulty of using something as bulky as a racing wheel) it is a definite step in the right direction for a racing simulator.

• Advertisement
Advertisement