Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a Server God

Options
  • 28-09-2009 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Does anyone know where I might find someone to run a gaming server for me. Have the gear in a data center and fiber connected but need someone to remote manage it. Where would someone find such a person? Are there any sites online were server Gods congregate? Are there companies that do this type of thing?

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I'd be very wary of giving someone access to your server tbh. What game do you want to run on it? Setting up a game server and maintaining it is fairly simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    I'd be very wary of giving someone access to your server tbh. What game do you want to run on it? Setting up a game server and maintaining it is fairly simple.

Looks like we have a winner! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

How did you manage to buy/rent and get a server hosted in a Data Centre without any prior knowledge on how to manage it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

It's for commercial use. In other words a company that has all the gear wants to gift the Irish gaming community with one but don't want to run it.

Ideally I'd be looking for someone professional at it. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I'll drop you a PM.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement