Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pair of Fulcrum 5's Wanted (Campagnolo)

Options
  • 28-09-2009 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭

Edit to original thread :)

Thinking of Campy Scirocco instead of Fulcrum 5's

Hi All

Campagnolo Scirroco Wheelset Wanted

Upgrading my wheelset and after doing my research, the Campagnolo Scirroco seem to be the best option in my budget range.

So just wondering if anyone has a pair for sale before l order a set from Slane Cycles?

Also interested in hearing what you think of the wheels if you're using them.

Thanks

CPL 593H

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

I bought a set and as i was getting ready to put on the cassette i noticed the back axle was catching, if you moved it a bit in your hand you could find points where it was almost going into a groove and sticking, i bought it back to the shop and the other back wheel they had was doing the very same.
    They said it'd free out over time! I got Hope hubs instead
    Bryan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Hi, I have a pair that I recently purchased for same reasons youve stated,ie, value for that price point. Cyclesuperstore had them for E185. Ive done plenty of mileage on them and theyre fine.

I know that the hubs are not anything to write home about but if your relatively light there is no problem. The rims are solid, in fact i would rate them (not the hubs) better than the Bontragers wheels I have which are more expensive. Rims are as true as the day I got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I have a set (Shimano), can't fault them for a bottom of the range heavy training wheel. My only problem with them is that with Continental tyres its a tight fit and prone to pinch flats. Apart from that, they roll fine, I have even raced on them a few times. I'd be inclined to hold off until your budget improves a little and try to pick up a lighter wheel. For the money they are as good as anything else, but Id only go for them if the wheels on your Bianchi are really bad, otherwise they might not be much of an upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

........but Id only go for them if the wheels on your Bianchi are really bad, otherwise they might not be much of an upgrade.

Stock wheels on the bianchi are ambrosio ws23.
    Any info l can find on google seems to say that they're.....alright, a low level, reliable, heavy wheel.

They seem ok but l've nothing to compare them to really.

l'll put the offer out there if anyone has a pair of wheels for sale to suit a campy cassette to let me know through this thread, budget is 200/300 euro

(not much l know, but l'm outta work at the moment :()

less work=more cycling :)

EDIT: just looking at the campy scirocco's on css, might be a better choice?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

Edit to original thread :)

Hi All

Campagnolo Scirroco Wheelset Wanted

Upgrading my wheelset and after doing my research, the Campagnolo Scirroco seem to be the best option in my budget range.

So just wondering if anyone has a pair for sale before l order a set from Slane Cycles?

Also interested in hearing what you think of the wheels if you're using them.

Thanks

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
Advertisement