Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlie Brooker on Apple

• 28-09-2009 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

I think Charlie Brooker can be a bit hit a miss but his article in today's Guardian on why he hates Apple is fairly funny. Best bit...
    Seriously, stop it. I don't care if Mac stuff is better. I don't care if Mac stuff is cool. I don't care if every Mac product comes equipped a magic button on the side that causes it to piddle gold coins and resurrect the dead and make holographic unicorns dance inside your head. I'm not buying one, so shut up and go home. Go back to your house. I know, you've got an iHouse. The walls are brushed aluminum. There's a glowing Apple logo on the roof. And you love it there. You absolute MONSTER.

Full article here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

HA! Really good article, thanks for posting.

My favorite bit:
    Consequently, nothing pleases them more than watching a PC owner struggle with a slab of non-Mac machinery. It validates their spiritual choice. Recently I sat in a room trying to write something on a Sony Vaio PC laptop which seemed to be running a special slow-motion edition of Windows Vista specifically designed to infuriate human beings as much as possible. Trying to get it to do anything was like issuing instructions to a depressed employee over a sluggish satellite feed. When I clicked on an application it spent a small eternity contemplating the philosophical implications of opening it, begrudgingly complying with my request several months later. It drove me up the wall. I called it a bastard and worse. At one point I punched a table.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

"I know Windows is awful. Everyone knows Windows is awful. Windows is like the faint smell of piss in a subway: it's there, and there's nothing you can do about it. OK, OK: I know other operating systems are available. But their advocates seem even creepier, snootier and more insistent than Mac owners."
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭InisMor

So he hates Apple because they are good??:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

That is the worst ad I have ever seen. ****asmic indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭InisMor

:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

efla wrote: »
    That is the worst ad I have ever seen. ****asmic indeed.

Cringetastic!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Don't forget the "unnecessary beeps" edition:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Ouch.

Advertisement