Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modding in Politics forum (european union)

Options
  • 28-09-2009 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

The moderators in the European Union Forum are very biased towards the yes side in the Lisbon treaty.

I have received two infractions in the last two days (One i agree with) when the yes side have received none for simular comments. I have never received any infractions before. I feel that they are looking for an excuse to ban me as i am a no supporter and are being very harsh on us.

A thread was set up to raise this in the forum and ( was justifably) shut but there is a growing unease in the forum especially with scofflaw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Please provide examples of the posts which you believe should have been infracted.

I really can't see any issue with your two infractions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

well when a post like sam bimes last one here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055694433&page=5

receives no infraction or comment and i have for something far less which was said in the heat of the moment, i agree with one of the infractions, you will understand why i feel there is a bias.

That is very rude and childish name calling and yet nothing happens.

Here is the post

'I suppose it does in a way. I wouldn't say it's "all the cool kids", I'd hardly call most of them cool, it's more that the normal and cool kids are voting yes and only that kid who sticks his finger up his arse and smells it the whole time isn't.'

Given i received one for insinuating that a poster who has racked up 1600 posts only on the Lisbon treaty in a month and is also able to maintain an almost 24hr presence on boards may be the pr office of a political party this sort of vulgar behaviour should not be allowed.

Another petty insult., post 33 from popebuckfast.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62315039#post62315039

No infraction.

I feel post four here from a respected boardsie with over 6000 posts

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055695868

captures the mood of many as to what is going on.

• Advertisement

Post 89.

No infraction given when i got one for less

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055694433&page=6

Absolutly nothing beind done about this forum.

About three active threads open on it here alone.

This account has been opened by the yes to Lisbon campaign and is being maintained almost 24 hours a day to immediatly rebuff the no side.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Is this an opinion, or have you evidence to support that?

I'm asking, because as a moderator of the Politics forum, no-one has come to us about this.

received this in a pm who keeps giveing me infractions.

'I'm aware that No posters tend to think we're biased against them, but No posters think anything that doesn't agree with them is biased against them - I'm standing in the same lineup, as far as Noes are concerned, as most major newspapers, the Referendum Commission, the Department of Foreign Affairs, and, as far as I can see, reality.'

According to this the NO side is detached from reality.

How can the moderation in this form be seen to be fair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Having read all the above, the only conclusion I've come to is that a) you need to be less sensitive and b) you're reading way more from things than are actually there and c) that unless things are done your way, and to your satisfaction it must be "bias" - where of course doing things your way, and to your satisfaction *wouldn't* be bias, would it?

I suppose crude comments do not require infractions so.

Fair enough.

If a mod makes a comment that the no side are denying reality surely that is evidence of bias against the no side?

bonkey wrote: »
    Is this an opinion, or have you evidence to support that?

I'm asking, because as a moderator of the Politics forum, no-one has come to us about this.

I was infracted for raising this in the forum.

Check the history on the poster. My comment also received a thank you

I suppose crude comments do not require infractions so.

Crude is very relative.
    If a mod makes a comment that the no side are denying reality surely that is evidence of bias against the no side?

Not really, as it's fairly apprarent quite a number of the "no side" for want of a better term have demonstrated a rather loose grip on a lot of things.

..which was the wrong place and method to do so.
    My comment also received a thank you

Nothing at all to do with the price of turnips.

My patience with this thread is running extremely short..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

That's not evidence that you're right...its evidence that you broke the charter by "attacking the poster".
    Check the history on the poster.
    How is that going to show me who opened it, or that its being used by multiple people?
    My comment also received a thank you
    So someone agrees with you, or at least appreciated you making hte comment. With respect....what has that got to do with establishing the accuracy of your claim?

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Crude is very relative.

Not really, as it's fairly apprarent quite a number of the "no side" for want of a better term have demonstrated a rather loose grip on a lot of things.

..which was the wrong place and method to do so.

Nothing at all to do with the price of turnips.

My patience with this thread is running extremely short..

As a paying customer to a private company i suggest you go and find some patience.

If someone making a comment about inserting fingers up his backside is not crude then i wonder what is.

It is clear that there is one rule for mods and one for everyone else.

bonkey wrote: »
    That's not evidence that you're right...its evidence that you broke the charter by "attacking the poster".

How is that going to show me who opened it, or that its being used by multiple people?

So someone agrees with you, or at least appreciated you making hte comment. With respect....what has that got to do with establishing the accuracy of your claim?

If an poster is posting every ten minutes from 9 am - 2am is that normal?

As said, there are plenty of people who spend long hours on boards - that proves nothing, apart from that they spend a lot of time on boards.

My conclusions stay the same. Endgame.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement