Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pasta sauce cook book

Options
  • 28-09-2009 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone reccomend a good cook book for pasta sauces? I'm not that interested in making my own pasta but I want to stop buying shop bought sauces. A lot of the books I have seen on Amazon seem to focus more on pasta making than the sauces.

Has anyone heard of the 'Silver Spoon' cook book? Apparently its the italian cooking 'bible'

Cheers,
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Yep. I have the Silver Spoon cook book. It has everything you will ever need for Italian cooking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Its about £10 on amazon so I might give it a try. Bit wary though as I have bought loads of cook books recently and rarely find anything I like the look of enough to cook!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

Not sure you really need a book for pasta sauces though. Is more fun to play around with them and see how you get on--is very difficult to go so far wrong that a pasta sauce can't be used. I'm sure the net will also throw up some good 'different' recipes?

Advertisement