Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good nightclubs in Limerick City

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

For dance offs you just have to go to Trinity Rooms on Sunday nights, Polish people love their dance offs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭MrFireBox

I have always found the crowd going into Costelloes very easy going and friendly but I have to say the attitude of that guy on the door (And the owner) stinks. Wouldn't go there again....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

MrFireBox wrote: »
    I have always found the crowd going into Costelloes very easy going and friendly but I have to say the attitude of that guy on the door (And the owner) stinks. Wouldn't go there again....

Flan? ah hes sound, although he does have a tendenecy to forget who his regulars are at times, the old "private party" excuse is wheeled out until you remind him you go there every other week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭MrFireBox

krudler wrote: »
    Flan? ah hes sound, although he does have a tendenecy to forget who his regulars are at times, the old "private party" excuse is wheeled out until you remind him you go there every other week

You hit the nail on the head Krudler thats exactly what happened. Have been going in and out of there for the best part of 13 years, admittedly maybe only 7 or 8 times a year and was told because they didn't know me I couldn't go in (Plus private party line). This was at 11:50p.m. on a Sat night and I had only drank 3 pints. Pity because it was the one place you could go and be guaranteed a great laugh. He also said he had seen us coming out of Bakers and "Wouldn't like to take Baker's customers".

Recession me arse :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I have officially given up on places to go in Lim, you can go to trinity rooms if your foreign, icon if your one of those facebook pouty chavs, cotello's if your so self satisfied with your own coolness you dont need expensive surroundings and are "indie" , claws if your neck ran away many years ago and are a jock, the bank (non trad night) if you drive a jag and own a shop somewhere and know at least one detective and the list goes on and on. Seems like every place to drink in Lim has a theme for want of a better word.

What of you like a song but couldnt be arse to know every lyric or who sings it? - Costello's. What if you dont scream like a dog with its sack ripped off when you see your friends in a club? - icon.

I have no strong or particular views on life at all and just want a pint with normal music and normal people with good beer? Closest I have found is the savoy bar... cocktails , import Heineken, sofa's, no nac's, no kids, no indies, only think I can see wrong is that the crowd is about 10 years over the wrong side of 30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 nikkiplc2001

Hey just wondering if anyone can help me, i have looked through the threads and cant find anything on this, thinking of having my hen night in Limerick at the end of November, just looking for info on somewhere to have a nice cheapish dinner for 15ppl and what pubs and clubs to venture onto afterwards, any info is much appricated.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭melonstar

Hey, i think chocolat would be your best bet. http://www.chocolatrestaurant.ie/
    I was there this evening and its yummy :) they have two meal deals. First is between 5 and 7 and is 15.50 for starter, main course and tea/coffee. Desserts are 3euro. The second deal is between 7 and close and that 3 course for 19.50. The staff are lovely and the food is always good. i saw a hen party in there a few weeks ago so its hen friendly!
    There's the usual clohessys/sin bin or all the pubs/clubs on denmark st (nancys/icon etc) for drinks and dancing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 BubbleB

Le chocolat is good, there is also Hamptons and Cornstore that do great early birds. As for nightlife in Limercik there is a very limited choice. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

right, we either need a sticky or an outright ban on these threads.

OP, there's a thread on nightclubs at the bottom of the page. it's entitled "good nightclubs in Limerick city". You can't miss it (again). likewise, stuck to the top of the page, is a sticky entitled "The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread - 2009 Edition." You might find some details of restaurants in there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

I wanted to address a few of the issues brought up in this and other threads, but before I do I might as well explain that I spend very little time posting or reading comments on various boards any more as usually it is only the opinionated people who have had a bad experience who go to the trouble of posting - and they will be the most vocal about their grievances.

You will find that of the 1000's of people that go through the doors of various bars and clubs in Limerick every week a very very small percentage of them are represented here or on any other blog etc. Very few people are here saying what a wonderful time they had in one club or another - is everyone having terrible nights out in limerick or is it just that the people who did have a good night don't feel the need to get on the internet and rant about it. I also realize that inevitably you can’t please all of the people all of the time. Some want dance music others want Rn'B or Chart, some like a young crowd others prefer an older crowd or the type of crowd as in mainstream / alternative can form any individual’s opinion of a place I think you can see where I am going with this...

Anyway to be specific about the comments posted above, It is fair enough to say Angel Lane is terrible if that’s your opinion fine, but you could explain your reasons, as the reasons listed are all incorrect. "everything is in the one area really" NO - We have three floors, with two different dance floors playing different music. There are five different area's including two different smoking areas and five bars the club is about 11,000 square feet - forgive me if I think it’s unreasonable to say everything is in one area it is not exactly a barn with four walls and a roof. €15 to get in and about €6 a drink - also incorrect. It is now and has been for some time €12 to get in before 1am on a Saturday only. It is this price with a concession which our security give out to everyone before 1am and even those who do not have one are still only charged €12 until 1am. It is €15 after 1 we are obviously a business and plenty of people don’t leave the late bars until after 1:00 so simply put we charge less to the customers who come early and spend their money behind our bar. As for the price of drink - Make no mistake despite the very misleading advertising in place by some competitors we are the ONLY NIGHTCLUB that offers special offers on drinks all night every night. There are 3 for €10 offers on various beers, spirits and alcopops. I would also point out that these are the mainstream brands not cheap alternatives. It is not €6 a drink all bottles are €5 and spirits are under €5. Of course if you’re drinking a spirit and mixer it’s more expensive but our mixers are also not over priced. There are some places in limerick which are bars and not clubs where you can get drink cheaper again but in my own personal opinion - not that of the clubs - best of luck mixing with the quality clientele.

To sum up I would advise anyone who is not familiar with the nightlife in limerick to wait until you get here and ask the people you meet who you feel would be of the same mindset as you, where to go. You may get a very different response from them. Finally we do offer special rates including reserved area's and complimentary champagne to group bookings if you are interested you can email info@angellane.ie I am sorry if I sound condescending but frankly it really gets on my tits when nameless, faceless people on the internet blast all of the clubs and bars in the city usually with wildly contrasting and conflicting opinions. I am clearly working for Angel Lane and I make no attempt to hide that. As I said the best advice is to come to limerick and ask people you meet on arrival or over the course of your night where the most suitable venue for you is.

Hi nice one for commenting. Any time Ive been to Angel Lane, it was 15€ in at around 11.30, 12 pm and A bottle of mixed fruit kopparberg was €6. as far as I remember, my friends who were drinking pints were being charged a fiver or more. And yes I know there are more floors etc., but these areas a very small and are secluded from the other areas of the nightclub. Also, I cant speak for everyone saying this but I certainly don't want to be scaling stairs to navigate my way through a nightclub. Anyway, even if you have reduced your price to 12€ admission, its still more expensive than comparable nightclub, as I can get into trinity rooms before 11 for free, and I am often sent texts to get in for free. Also the drinks are slightly cheaper(albeit still expensive). I know that both nightclubs are run by the same crowd so why charge more? A lot of posers go there too which is very annoying... Having said that, fair play to ye for opening up to the student population of Limerick on a tuesday, gives them more variety! (BTW Im not a student)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Well im student its great to have angel lane was an option but its 6 euro on a tuesday night and 10 EURO on a thursday.Danny angel lane ye are totally milking being the new student club,
    tuesday night mor disco is 2 euro/trinity is free before 12 or lots of bars get comps dropped in,mollys is free ye charging 6 euro

thursday night trinity is 5/6 a bit dearer if you go early for the very good comedy club,mollys again free,icon is free in for girls and their not as strict on the over 20 thing anyway as long as your respectable/very young looking,angel lane is charging 10 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

plazzTT wrote: »
    the leasehold, it always is TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daca88

surprised the bitter end hasn't been suggested in here yet
    *runs away quickly*:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

daca88 wrote: »

Coz its a pub :pac:

sioda wrote: »

self face palm for me....
    thought the OP was looking for pubs too

i'll just get my coat and i'll be gone:o
    haha

The Bitter End is full of scumbags!!!! cheap drink alright, but you can barely hear anything with the mental music and there are WAY too many scobes goin there

The type that do be shouting yup yup to dance tunes!!sorry just kidding with ya but the name is ironic

haha! only use this name for some bit of anonymity!!

• Advertisement

Bitter end grand for an early cheap drink but not after 10

Bitter end grand for an early cheap drink but not after 10

agreed :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

daca88 wrote: »

i dont think thats the reason it wasnt mentioned earlier:D its right up there with o'riadas

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Paulegend wrote: »
    i dont think thats the reason it wasnt mentioned earlier:D its right up there with o'riadas

You mean it's right down there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

jackncoke wrote: »
    Well down :pac:

jackncoke wrote: »
    Well down :pac:
    Paulegend wrote: »

thats what i was trying to imply....i swear:cool:

Advertisement