Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site behind Whitewater

Options
  • 28-09-2009 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

I see there is work going on in a large site behind the Whitewater shopping centre where it faces the inner ring road (the site is opposite Newbridge Silverware).

I think this used to be a big council yard.

Does anyone have an idea what is going on here?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

NedNew wrote: »
    I see there is work going on in a large site behind the Whitewater shopping centre where it faces the inner ring road (the site is opposite Newbridge Silverware).

I think this used to be a big council yard.

Does anyone have an idea what is going on here?

There Was quite a large warehouse on the site but that has been demolished over the last few weeks ,

I am also curios as to what will be placed on this site .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

from what i heard they dont have anything planned yet they just thought it would be easier to sell if it had already been demolished to show size etc

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

I'm not familiar enough with the layout of the place to know, but could it be related to the cinema (either the original site or the proposed larger site)? More details: http://www.kildare-nationalist.ie/tabId/515/itemId/5281/pageId/3/Opening-of-cinema-is-critical-to-future-of-Whitewa.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭richiek83

The site in question used to be where the Curragh Carpets manafacturing facility was.It is now being demolished to make way for a new LIDL Store to replace the one in the Courtyard SC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

yes its a LIDL, rumour has it that Argos are going into the Courtyard, anyone heard that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sillymoo2007

I heard that lidl was going in there and a new woodies superstore.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭richiek83

Argos could well move into the unit in the Courtyard, as far as I'm aware, they have been looking to get into Newbridge for some time now. I don't think Woodies will be beside LIDL, the present store is modern and has only been open for a few years

Advertisement