Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congratulations to our League Winners!

Options
  • 28-09-2009 12:13pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Congratulations to the winners of the Boards Premiership and Boards Championship for FIFA 09.

Boards.ie Championship Champion: Joe123
    FIORENTINA

Boards.ie Premierleague Champion: cactus mac88
    NEWCASTLE UNITED

I have my FIFA 09 disc repaired so I will be able to get final stats created over the next few days!

With the excellent FIFA10 being released next Friday, keep an eye out for our new league and a new qualifying league.

If you do not wish to continue with the league, please let me know as soon as possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Newcastle winning.....LOL! :D

Congrats to both of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

*takes a bow*

EDIT: Will be getting Fifa 10 btw. Really enjoyed the demo and with the added fact of great reviews and missing out on the next boards league. Cant wait to have a few games with Liverpool. Just when they sort out the cross field passing Xabi Alonso isnt at the club anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

joe123 wrote: »
    *takes a bow*

EDIT: Will be getting Fifa 10 btw. Really enjoyed the demo and with the added fact of great reviews and missing out on the next boards league. Cant wait to have a few games with Liverpool. Just when they sort out the cross field passing Xabi Alonso isnt at the club anymore :(

Congratz, but don't worry liverpool will still have lucas :D oh just me that likes him then hehehe, but aquilani should be a good passer so it won't be too bad, plus the addition of Glen Johnson will make liverpool very good side, since there will be some pace in the back line now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Parawind wrote: »
    Congratz, but don't worry liverpool will still have lucas :D oh just me that likes him then hehehe, but aquilani should be a good passer so it won't be too bad, plus the addition of Glen Johnson will make liverpool very good side, since there will be some pace in the back line now.

Yeah true but because Fifa go on current form im thinking we could see Aquilanis default ratings pretty poor. Yeah its badly needed it was because of their slowness that I started using a 5 man defence.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Well done gentlemen.

For those that havent seen it there a competition running to win a copy of FIFA 10 here.

FG seen as you do so much "good work running the league" get the finger out and stop kissing the ass of boards managers and EA Sports and get the results and stats up :D

Ps. glad to see you calling it FIFA 10 now instead FIFA 2010 like you were trying to tell me it was going to be called :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Congrats to the winners and much thanks to the organisers.. really enjoyed the league and can't wait for the new league

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SeamyH

Congratz to winners btw.

Will there be a ps2 league? I'm not even sure if online play is on ps2, never tried. But myself and a mate are BIG fifa players on the ps2. Every year we start with a team in the lowest division in UK and work our way up to Premier league and CL glory. We are the only 2 hardcore Fifa players the rest of the group are casual players so we've never really had a proper challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

SeamyH wrote: »
    Congratz to winners btw.

Will there be a ps2 league? I'm not even sure if online play is on ps2, never tried. But myself and a mate are BIG fifa players on the ps2. Every year we start with a team in the lowest division in UK and work our way up to Premier league and CL glory. We are the only 2 hardcore Fifa players the rest of the group are casual players so we've never really had a proper challenge.

PS2 gamers still exist? Cool. I occasionally play mine for Red Faction but I unfortunately I think everybody uses either the 360 or the PS3 for online play.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Newcastle winning.....LOL! :D

Congrats to both of ye.

Aye we must be in a parallel universe :P

Congratz to ya's!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

With the game out tomorrow and everyone itching to play whats the story with the new season FG?

Qualifying is long over for the new additions and we know the results of the Championship and Premiership..so whos relegated and promoted, whats the layout of the new league this year? You also have an idea of numbers with the thread about whos getting the game and not..

Any chance of posting a new league season thread and starting the ball rolling with some info for us??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

FYI

Relegated

Schalke04 (Winston82)
    Hamburg (Dufflecoatsunri)
    Bordeaux (Smcelhinney)

Promoted

Fiorentina (Kirk the Dog)
    Bayern Munich (Kirby)
    Tottenham Hotspur (Smegball)

Thanking you Mr Moon..good to see someone is doing some of the "hard work" involved in the league :D

Advertisement