Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crying Cat - Help !!!

Options
  • 28-09-2009 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi All

We got a new cat 6 months ago. He's a lovely fella, but doesn't get on with the two resident cats: he bullies one of them and the other one bullies him.

Anyway my real problem is his dawn chorus of crying, which wakes the whole house up in the early hours. He has fresh food and access to the outside at night, so I can't think what else he needs.

We've always ignored the cries, never got up to attend to him. I'm at my wits ends and thinking of taking drastic action. I'm thinking of setting up a purpose built 'cattery' (modified shed really) down the end of the garden and putting him in there at night.

Does anyone think this is cruel? I know cat's sleep a lot, but he'd be in there for up to 8 hours.

Any thoughts/advice would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I guess you haven't neutered him yet?

This is absolutlely essential for young male cats, he'll be getting into fights and waking up the neighbourhood otherwise, and worse still, impregnating other cats, and adding to the ever growing stay cat population.

If you haven't had him done yet, talk to your vet, it's highly recommended.

Advertisement