Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Fans?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭glanman

its the magic of this internet thing, theres information about everything out there you know! Almost at your finger tips...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

glanman wrote: »
    its the magic of this internet thing, theres information about everything out there you know! Almost at your finger tips...

Almost.....Nearly there.....Can't.....Quite.....Reach
    Gah *gives up*

One piece of warning though, be careful, there is some nasty stuff on this interweb at times, have a look at this like...

Dammit! Every time:(

Looking forward to the forthcoming week in food programmes, especially MasterChef:D But none of that Rachel Allen s**t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

On the first episode featuring Marianne, wasn't she introduced as a private chef who cooks for a family in Ireland?

Anyone know who she works for?

• Advertisement

00112984 wrote: »
    On the first episode featuring Marianne, wasn't she introduced as a private chef who cooks for a family in Ireland?

Anyone know who she works for?

I heard that as well. I don't know who they are, but damn are they lucky to have her!

She cooks for me:D

Not a clue, but being a private chef for someone probably wouldn't mean too much at the same time, its not as if they will be expecting michelin * food every meal!! She is very good, if only she could cook the meat properly!!

It's just so decadent, having a personal chef*- would love to know who these people are. Nosey bitch that I am.

*Also trying to convince Mr. 00112984 that he should pay more for his personal chef :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

*giggles* wrote: »
    that eejit Heston Blooming-Mental.
    Say what?

The man is a bloody genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Yeah. In teh Semi-finals or at the start fo the finals, they've also mentioned that she's worked for (or cooked for) "A-List celebrities and politicans".

Must say...I'm pleasantly surprised in the finals so far. The three are running a lot closer then I had thought they would.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

I agree Bonkey. I really enjoyed last night's episode in particular and wanted to eat all that food they served to the guests in Chelsea. Also, bonus, not too much Greg-the-Egg last night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KilgoreTrout

Yeah, masterchef is the biz. I confess to being addicted.

Would always rather if they had less of the "canned" bits repeated each week "One minute, one minute left" etc., and instead took heed to Floyd's original advice when he was telling the camera man to focus on the food and not on him. Its about the food! Stop hamming up the drama!

I'd like to see one of Michele's commis chefs come in and demo the classic recipe, or demo the skills test, then see the competitors have a go. Give us more real content underpinned by real cooking concerns.

I think Steve will win it for originality and edginess. I'd like to see Marianne get it, though not sure she ought to. Would be a bit disappointed really if she did win. Too safe. If she does an amazing Weds and Thurs and deserves it, then excellent, I'm happy. Otherwise Steve's creativity deserves it.

Also my feeling is that so much is not shown. The passion, interest, and learning along with the relationships and communication going on behind camera have to be the main determinant of what the outcome is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I'd like to see one of Michele's commis chefs come in and demo the classic recipe, or demo the skills test, then see the competitors have a go. Give us more real content underpinned by real cooking concerns.

These are all chefs with vastly more experience than any of Michelle's Commis or Chef De Partie's.

They already had one of his senior sous chefs in, maybe some of the junior cous chefs would be, skill wise, ahead of the 3 in the final but I'd doubt it.

As far as the 3 in the final.

Marianne has the most natural talent but she just cannot cook meat by the looks of things, weather this be because she doesnt eat a lot of meat or she has experience the classic thing that happens to women in kitches of always being on starters/deserts and rarely getting time at the grill, I don't know but it's a major problem, her butchery skills let her down too imho.

Steve is the bets cook of all 3, hhe has the best mind and is the most irigional by a country mile, you can tell that he's the sort of chef who can know what flavour combinations will taste like before he even tastes them and can throw stuff together in his head already know how they will turn out, sometimes he pushes it too far but, for me, he is the best cook there by a long way.

However.

Daniel is the best chef in the competition, his timing and ability to not panic mean, for me, he is the most likely to be a top level chef, for someone who said pastry wasn't his strong point he produced an amazingly techincal desert yesterda, that chocolate sorbet looks devine and the peanuts around the soufflee looked amazing, I reckon the egg whites had been left alone for too long in a warm enviroment and if he'd had left making the mix untill just before they needed to go into the oven it would have been perfect as that recipe is faultless.
    His main was also one of, for me, the two best dishes last night (along with steve's desert) and showed some real creativity and ability to manage all those massive flavours and not have something too over powering, I wish I could have tasted it.

For the reasons stated above, I reckon Daniel will win, but I do think Steve is the best cook and would, in the competition environment produce better food most of the time, but in a kitchen services environment I'd be worried about his timing and consistency where as I reckon you count on Daniel to produce perfect dishes 100 times out of 100 attempts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I agree with that Seaneh, I think Daniel will win it.

Oh God, I can't wait, it's so exciting. Who's a gonna win?
    nervous-woman.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It's on for an hour and a half tonight.

That's, like, the length of a football match.
    :D

Des wrote: »
    It's on for an hour and a half tonight.

That's, like, the length of a football match.
    :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mr Floyd

I think the chick is gonna win.

Oh Dan Dan Dan....come on. Push it!!
    <--- very excited viewer here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭radharc

Steve for me, I honestly think he's at a different level to the other two. His dessert based on childhood sweets was unreal imo and showed a level of originality and daring way above his competition..

• Advertisement

radharc wrote: »
    Steve for me, I honestly think he's at a different level to the other two. His dessert based on childhood sweets was unreal imo and showed a level of originality and daring way above his competition..

That was class, I must admit
    I actually want Marianne to win, but I suspect it will be STeve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

The 3 finalists all deserve to win in their own right - they have had problems and triumphs over the last few days.

Hard to know who will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

I hope the young-one wins.

I didn't like the sob story bit, a bit like X-factor for my liking.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭radharc

Get in there Stevie boy!

I agree about the sob story part, no need for it.

Have to say Michel Roux is a class act, doesn't seem to have the ego of other celebrity (or even ordinary) chefs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Could have been any of them, but I'm OK with the final result. :)

I still wish Ludo made the final, but anyhoo... *sigh*

I also missed Ludo but you know, I'm not sure he would have beaten
    Steve
    in the end.

Now, when does the real Masterchef come back?? GRIN!

My favourite thing about this series has been Michael Roux Jr.

Class act. Two Michelin stars and doesn't feel the need to treat people like sh*te in the kitchen.

When I heard he was going to be on with Greg, I thought he'd just be in the background and mainly judging the food but he really came into his own as a presenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Read the first reply to this post: http://www.offthetelly.co.uk/?p=1687

I barked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

My favourite thing about this series has been Michael Roux Jr.
    Class act. Two Michelin stars and doesn't feel the need to treat people like sh*te in the kitchen.
    Correct, not in the slightest bit patronising. I read today that last years winner went on to work in his London restaurant. It's possible that
    Steve
    might go the same way, he definately seemed impressed.
    I'm glad
    Steve
    won it because he showed a level of craft far beyond the other two.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Michael Roux says "Unctuous" alot :)

Proper order result - although Im sure the other two will be snapped up.

Advertisement