Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Fans?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭The Don 1985

I definately think the better man won...I tipped him from the start and he didnt let me down!!a real pity ludo didnt make it to the finals as I think he would really have impressed last night and def put his own little twist on the dishes!!marianne was quite good too but just hadnt got the flair which Stevo has in abundance...as regards Daniel,I thought he was abit of a sneak,saw him lurking in the backround with a smile on his face quite a few times when things were going bad for the others..plus a think he was trying to be this tough northern dude too much when really he was a big softy..punching well above his weight with that cute bird of his though so fair play on that front!!!

Stumbled across master chef by pure chance on the very first night it aired...didnt miss a episode since...29/29!!

Great show and I'm looking forward to the next one already....

As the great greg would say...laaaaavly!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

I agree that Michel Roux Jnr really came into his own this season--better than last year actually--and, BONUS, it meant that Greg-the-Egg wasn't that prominent. I can't really take the way Greg-the-Egg insists on SHOUTING everything. Although I do love the Gregisms. My favourite last year was 'I just just smash my face into that. Laaaaaaaaavly'. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

I agree that Michel Roux Jnr really came into his own this season--better than last year actually

Was there a MC Professionals last year? Who was presenting- Greg and MR Jr? I was out of the country for much of September and October last year so must have missed it, I thought this was the first Professionals competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

I don't know what I think about the result. I would have like Marieanne to have won, but it was all those little mistakes she made and then needing extra time at the end of it. I suppose it was a close fought battle between them all, and they wouldn't have chosen him unless he was something else altogether. Good luck to him is what I say:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

00112984 wrote: »
    Class act. Two Michelin stars and doesn't feel the need to treat people like sh*te in the kitchen.

I'd say he's "dished" out a few bollockin's over the years in his own kitchen to be honest. Masterchef the professionals isn't really going to show his "kitchen, in the heat of service" temperament, its a TV show where he casts his opinion and tries to make everything sound as exciting as possible. E.g. "If that jelly doesn't set, its going to be an absolute disaster!!!". ;)

But saying that, he strikes me as a leader and an excellent teacher of younger chefs on top of being one of the top chefs in the world.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

Isn't there something strangely attractive about him though? Oh, I so would...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

*giggles* wrote: »
    Isn't there something strangely attractive about him though? Oh, I so would...

Christ, I swear my OH touches herself under the blanket when he's on the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Des wrote: »
    Christ, I swear my OH touches herself under the blanket when he's on the telly.

I don't even bother with the blanket. Have been eating my dinner in a different chair lately so I can see the TV whist having my dinner. He'd give any lady a wide-on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

Don't get the Michel Roux thing, unless I'm thinking about him cooking for me. In which case I want to marry him. Quickly.
    Anyway, yes there was a MC the professionals last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

Great programme.

Marianne was lucky to make it through the first rounds when her meat was severely underdone.

Does anyone else think the fact she did'nt finish on time at the end cost her?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭callig

Although I do love the Gregisms. My favourite last year was 'I just just smash my face into that. Laaaaaaaaavly'. :D

haha!

Greg's a nice counterbalance to the chef's commentary. It would be boring to watch without him.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

DES:eek::eek::eek:

anyway, i am glad steve won, he was my man the whole way through. he seemed like a cheeky chappy:)

as MRJ, he came across as such a lovely man:)

Advertisement