Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romantic request - help needed!

Options
  • 28-09-2009 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi there,

My boyfriend's parents are 50 years married next week and his father wants to recreate their first date 53 years ago. He is whisking her off to dinner but to make it perfect he wants to find an Austin 7 which is what he drove on their first date all those years ago. They are based in Magheraboy, and he would need the car by the 7th of October for 1 night. Any ideas/advice???

Thanks so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

I don't know anyone personally, but you might try Taylors car hire, near Castlebaldwin-don't know their no.but you should find contact details online-a they might know of someone who has one? Also,if you haven't already, try checking online for old car enthusiasts-there seems to be an old/classic car rally passing through Sligo every few months, so you might get something online through that? And a final resort-Ocean FM! Give them a text/email (and providing your boyfriend's Mum isn't listening!) they might be able to announce it and get someone to get in touch with ye?
    Such a sweet idea, bless him! Hope it all works out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Turbury

I know a guy in Sligo with an Austin car (not sure if its a 7 though, might be a 10), does he want to drive the car himself? I think that might be a problem as most owners of these vintage cars are very protective of them and rarely let other people drive them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭qweeva

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out. He would want to drive, and was hoping to hire/rent the car as he wouldn't want to ask someone to trust him with their classic car!!!

Advertisement