Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star Wars Battlefront 3??

• 28-09-2009 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Yeah OK.. I am a huge Star Wars fanatic and I really enjoy playing all types of Star Wars games... especially Battlefront

After Battlefront 2 on the PS2.. I thought... WOW there has to another one coming out...

Then per chance I came across some leaked footage of Battlefront 3 on YouTube... I was so amazed at how different things were going to be.... Then I thought YAY it will be out by Christmas 2009.... However that will not be the case...

Lucasarts have announced that there will not be another Battlefront nor were they ever producing Battlefront 3 for the 360 or PS3 but will be on the PSP.... (something like that)

I was devastated... but they did not say that they won't be producing it in the future.... I can't wait that long though!!!... lol

Any one else feel the same??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I was full sure it was almost complete ? Maybe it's not under the Battlefront name ?
    Big disapointment if it's been canned :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Wow, I would of thought this would be a great money spinner for them. mI quite liked the series and was really looking forward to what they'd do next. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

There was footage out in January of a rumoured BF3 but it has now been pulled from Youtube by Lucasarts. The studio supposedly developing the game, Free Radical, went into administration so it now seems like Lucasarts have killed the project. For now anyway.

http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/946/946015p1.html

The video did look pretty cool too. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, that leaked footage was from Free Radical, who have since gone bust - Crytek acquired them. I wasn't overly gone on it, it seemed to have a very cartoony 'Timesplitters' look to it...nothing wrong with that in itself, but its not what I would have wanted for BF3. I would murder for a BF3 though...never forget when Battlefront 2 was launched, had 2 Xbox's linked together, 2 28" TVs, and a lot of Ben and Jerrys Ice Cream....we stayed up until about 6am playing.

For the PSP....I'm sure it's just some spin off, rather then a full dedicated BF3. Like Renegade Squadron.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭X_X

Oh how cool is that 6am!!... You never got bored of playing BF... and so I hope that they hurry with BF3...

• Advertisement
Advertisement