Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polling Card hasn't arrived

Options
  • 28-09-2009 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

My polling card for Friday's vote hasn't arrived yet.

Am I right in assuming that I don't need the card as long as I bring photographic id with me on Friday in order to vote.

Just need clarification before I ring up the council again(couldn't get through this morning).

Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Rebel021 wrote: »

Am I right in assuming that I don't need the card as long as I bring photographic id with me on Friday in order to vote.

Just need clarification before I ring up the council again(couldn't get through this morning).

Thank you

If you are already on the register you be fine once you bring ID. Unless you applied for the suplementary register, in which case it might be best to ring them up to make sure that your application was processed correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

I am on the register and have voted for the last few years.
    Thanks for your reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Martin 2

Rebel021 wrote: »

Thank you
    Yes, I never have a polling card when I vote because I moved house four years ago and am still at my old address on the electoral register (ok, I’m lazy). I usually bring my passport for ID and they let me vote…. main thing is that you’re on the electoral register; btw, can now be checked online

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Martin 2 wrote: »
    Yes, I never have a polling card when I vote because I moved house four years ago and am still at my old address on the electoral register (ok, I’m lazy). I usually bring my passport for ID and they let me vote…. main thing is that you’re on the electoral register; btw, can now be checked online
    Been there done that this morning :)
    http://www.checktheregister.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

My polling card only arrived this morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement