Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Eircom Bill

• 28-09-2009 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭

So after praising Eircom a lot I finally have a complaint that most said would come.

I recieved a bill on the 20th of September totalling €94.76, of which I paid half this week and intended to pay the other half next week. I then receive a bill today requesting a total of €177.82 be paid by next week at the latest.

I felt quite angry as I had requested monthly bills and this one was a bill for the 29th of September so that was two bills I received, so decided to let them know how I felt. To be fair I got talking to a nice man, who told me to calm down as he said he could sort it, and he told me that the money was due to be paid on the 6th of October at the latest.

This however, is still not good enough IMO, apparently the cause of the problem was that the broadband itself is paid a month in advance, there is no sign of this in the T's+C's though, nor even in the small print.

So there you go, ultimatley I was wrong and should have listened when most people told me I was mad to be praising Eircom, now I have to find €177.82 of which I don't have, by tomorrow week.

Thanks a lot Eircom.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If your bill was 94 last week, and you paid half of that, how is it 177 this week? Where did the charges on this bill come from?

Line rental and broadband are always charged in advance, either monthly or bi-monthly, depending on your billing period. If this is a new connection, then you'll also pay arrears on the first bill, for the period from when it was activated up to the bill date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

jor el wrote: »
    If your bill was 94 last week, and you paid half of that, how is it 177 this week? Where did the charges on this bill come from?

Line rental and broadband are always charged in advance, either monthly or bi-monthly, depending on your billing period. If this is a new connection, then you'll also pay arrears on the first bill, for the period from when it was activated up to the bill date.

As this weeks bill had a lot more calls to the UK etc.

Hopefully now though, once I've paid this bill, then I can go on paying bills between just about €70-€100 a month rather than €177. I got the fright of my life when I seen that bill like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭r_obric

As this weeks bill had a lot more calls to the UK etc.

Hopefully now though, once I've paid this bill, then I can go on paying bills between just about €70-€100 a month rather than €177. I got the fright of my life when I seen that bill like.

why are your bills that high, where are you calling, what speed BB do you have

r_obric wrote: »
    why are your bills that high, where are you calling, what speed BB do you have

Between €70-€100 is decent enough I though mate? Am I being naive though?

I have 3MB broadband mate, which is more than satisfactory, I can't complain about that service at all.

Now the thick twats are saying I have gone over my usage cap of 30GB for October, which is near impossible considering there are only 24 hours gone during the month of October, of which all I've done is browse :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭TheDeficit

Now the thick twats are saying I have gone over my usage cap of 30GB for October, which is near impossible considering there are only 24 hours gone during the month of October, of which all I've done is browse :mad:

it's clearl they're trying to make life difficult for you because they never enforce the cap, i've gone over 250gb in a month and heard nothing.

TheDeficit wrote: »
    it's clearl they're trying to make life difficult for you because they never enforce the cap, i've gone over 250gb in a month and heard nothing.

Really? That's a serious amount of downloading mate :eek:

Anyway, I got it sorted, rang them and complained and they reset my download allowance and this was reflected on their usage check on the website.

Today my Laptop screen has started to go bust though :mad: nothing's ever easy in the life of 'therokeroar' :(

Advertisement