Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This stuff is kinda addictive ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

DustyBin wrote: »
    Cheers Macanri
    The canal was awful, with canal weeds catching wrists and ankles as you were swimming through them, put out your hand for a stroke and find it landing on top of a lilly pad - not nice
    The bike course was dead flat and very fast. I was surprised at my time on it but maybe the course was a bit short?

Bike course was 18.85km according to my garmin. Canal was okay, not ideal but it'll make you appreciate a lake swim more :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

mloc123 wrote: »
    Bike course was 18.85km according to my garmin. Canal was okay, not ideal but it'll make you appreciate a lake swim more :D

Thanks for bursting my bubble there mloc:p
    On a closed road with 2 laps and cones marking the turnaround at either end there is little excuse for the distance to be inaccurate. Maybe they were restricted by junctions shortly after the turnaround points? - I don't know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

I wouldnt worry about it dusty they are usually like that, maybe short maybe long, most of the time it is to factor in some nice wide turnaround area or they want to avoid an intersection or traffic lights ahead.

Its still a great bike time, if you consider the winner went around in 29 minutes, I usually lose around 10 minutes to the winners in the bike section

Wednesday 26th May - am

OW swim
    dnf :o

Went down to the beach with the club, big turnout, but bigger waves! Had been fair windy the night before and the sea was pretty rough. We all got in and started out towards our target but I wussed out and turned back for shore. Was fairly annoyed as I think it was more a confidence thing than anything else, like I reckon now I would have been able for it, I just didn't believe it at the time. Hopefully will be a bit calmer next week.

Wednesday 26th May - pm

Run
    5.5k - very easy pace
    Have been slowly going bonkers over this taper business, not helped by an overuse injury wiping out all run training for last week. I keep imaging that my calf / ankles / achilles / ITB / knee are all at me :rolleyes: I've been rubbing in anti-inflammatory gel and applying compression bandages like there's no tomorrow - and I realise that most of it is unnecessary but as I said - I think I'm going bonkers!!
    Was planning 10k or so but decided to just leave it at this instead and not risk infamming any of the multitude of imaginary injuries listed above.

Thursday 27th May - am

Bike
    22k - very easy pace
    Didn't really have my heart in this one, just went out the main road and back, stopped to adjust the saddle halfway out because I was getting bored and wantedto kill a bit of time - my head is all over the place!!

Thursday 27th May - pm

Run
    7.7k including a 1 mile tt
    Tri club held a 1 mile tt as part of the summer league. Went early and got about a 3.6k warmup done on the track beforehand. Had no intention of going flat out as it's too close to the marathon and that would just be silly. Marks, set, go and suddenly I'm in 2nd place :rolleyes: Kept going and after half a lap I hear a guy on my shoulder and of course I start to fight him off (not racing it my eye). We push each other on over the next 2 laps or so and then he passes me out, I won't lie, he got me good and I was fighting until he went by. Soon after he passed me though I had a look around and there was maybe 150m back to the next guy so I eased off and coasted throught the rest of the mile coming in a shade under 6mins.

Feel much better about the marathon now today, and whilst I've missed most of the running in my taper I suppose I've been biking and swimming so not too bad. Will hope to get a good bike and a good run in this weekend, and then just easy running and the odd swim for next week. Feeling good and rearing to go, and the imaginary injuries seem to have cleared up again :cool:

Friday 28th May - pm

Run
    11.2k easy hills incl 8 x 100m strides
    56:37 = 5:03 /k pace
    140 avg hr

Nice easy run, finished off with some strides. Everything felt good after, and had a nice long stretch.

Saturday 29th May - am

Cycle
    Out the main road, took it handy and only pushed the pace when the going was easy. A nothing of a cycle really, just getting the time in the saddle. Took pace into some hills, not into others. If the going started getting too tough I just let the gears do the work and spun away up the hills. Plenty of time to be pushing these longer cycles in the weeks after the marathon.
    Did manage to hit 61.6 kph coming down one hill alright :D
    A little under 2 hrs in the saddle

Sunday 30th May - am

Run
    19.77k hills
    1:40:28 = 5:05 /k pace
    138 avg hr

Last run of any length before Cork. Long slow drags the whole way to 8k / 9k then some ups and downs with one nice long downhill thrown in. Coming through one of the local villages I literally nearly ran into another runner at a crossroads - both of us coming from different directions but going the same way. Real lean fast looking fella. I have a tendancy to pick up the pace going through towns and villages (vain I know) and chatting to this guy we were clipping along at sub 4 min / k pace :eek:. Turns out he's running Cork as well, but was out for a 20 miler vs my 20 K. Tells me he runs twice a day , 6 days a week, averaging 100 miles a week. Further chatting reveals the guy is a full time runner - it's what he does for a living!! Morrocan fella I think his name was Lesane or Lesaine or something similar. Another fork in the road, I was going right, him left so exchanged good lucks for Cork and off home.
    Averaged 5:05 / k for the run, but looking through the Garmin I have a 3:54 k split recorded for the stretch of road I ran with Lesane.
    It would be kind of cool if this guy manages to win the thing.

• Advertisement

Monday 31st May

Rest

Tuesday 1st June - am

Swim (1,300m)

Coached session with club, lots of good work done again, it's great having someone who knows what they're at observe and comment on stroke etc. Completed several lengths breathing every 5 strokes which was easier than I thought it would be. Getting better at the pull buoy thing. Seem to still have some difficulty relaxing into the stroke.

Tuesday 1st June - pm

Run - recovery
    55:49 = 5:40 / k pace
    126 avg hr

Found it very hard to run slow at start, but from halfway onwards I was struggling to hold the pace :confused:
    Nice low hr too.

Wednesday 2nd June - am

Swim - OW 700m

Beautiful calm conditions this morning, but jaysus was the water cold!! Really caught my breath and had me breathing every second stroke on most of them. Struggled along behind the lads but made it out all the same, turned around to come back and was feeling tired now, swam for shallower water to stand for a minute or two and ended up walking a little bit of it. Back in to swim out the finish. Found the suit awful tight around the shoulders and got a lot of chaffing on the armpits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

OW Swimming, great stuff, I can't wait to get in the OW.

Wednesday 2nd June - pm

Run
    @ 5:12 / k pace overall
    avg hr 130

Last run of any length before Monday, included 4k @ pmp. Wore all the gear that I'll be wearing on the day. Slight soreness around an ankle but very slight and no other niggles thankfully.
    Off down to the physio this morning for my pre marathon loosener - oh the pain :rolleyes: I've been doing alot of foam rollering since the last visit so hopefully won't need to spend ages pounding tight knotted muscles (will still hurt I'm sure).
    Today will be a rest day, and probably Friday too.
    Will do a short short trot both Sat & Sun with maybe a little swim Sat morning (OW) and Sun evening (hotel pool) and then into the sauna.

• Advertisement

Macanri wrote: »
    OW Swimming, great stuff, I can't wait to get in the OW.

It's cold Macanri, very cold :p
    Yesterday morning the small bay that we swim in was like a lake, smallest little swells running across it, and a friendly seal out playing off some rocks near us - great!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Good luck on Monday, 3.15 the target? Based on Kildare you should be well able for it.

Thanks mloc, not so confident on the target anymore but still planning to go for it anyway. The distance is fairly daunting from this angle!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Very best of luck dude, enjoy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

Good luck on the big day, DustyBin. Dismiss the anxiousness, the marathon is a long distance, but you definitely have 3:15 in you if Kildare is anything to go by. Not alone did you get under 1:30, but looked comfortable enough to shave a bit more off it. Best of luck, hope the day stays nice and cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

Best of luck again Dusty...and I'll look out for the green singlet ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Hope it goes well Dusty, let the time just happen and re-adjust if necessary, its your first so remember to enjoy the day thats far more important than getting caught up on times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭nomadic

Good luck and enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

All the best Dusty, looking forward to the report. You will feel fresh and strong at the start so be controlled. Have a great time, enjoy!

Cheers lads, it's all set to be a fairly busy weekend between Tri Athy, Crooked Lake Tri, Tri Burgh, Cork marathon & the Cork relay!

A/R/T will be fairly busy after that - a nice few reports to read through next week so:)

I appreciate the goodluck messages, thanks - I've just got to go run it now.

I've been thinking again recently about the training, and I've really done loads and loads of miles, lots of long runs and some pmp stuff (would have done more pmp if doing it again). So this is kinda giving me the confidence again to go attack the 3:15.
    Specifically this run stands out as a real confidence booster, and it was during this run that I decided to go for the 3:15:
    Saturday 1st May - am

Run - long with pmp
    2:28:01 = 4:43/k average
    148 avg hr

Plan said 29k with 23k @ pmp. Decided to reset my pmp and lower it to a more aggressive 4:35/k and see how I got on. Results were:

3k wu @ 4:58/k - 136 avg hr
    23k @ 4:34/k - 151 avg hr
    5.37k @ 5:09/k - 145 avg hr

Over the moon with this run, felt like I was gonna nail it throughout, and second half of 23k was stronger than first half.
    Felt strong on the cool down as well, and very happy to get overall pace for that sort of distance down to 4:43/k - that's very close to 3:15 marathon pace eek.gif

I'll find out soon enough just how hard it's gonna be :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Best of luck for Cork Dusty, enjoy it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Hope it goes like a dream for you DB. Don't go off too fast and be sure to fuel / drink up would be my 2c :rolleyes:. You've done the miles so its time to take it home now. Enjoy :).

tisnotover wrote: »
    Best of luck again Dusty...and I'll look out for the green singlet ;)

and bib # 380
    hopefully see you & the two lads there

Saturday 5th June - am

brick (ish)
    Swim & Run

OW swim - 800m
    Met up with a friend that I haven't trained with in months and we went down to the beach. He's a much better swimmer than I am and hared off, but I was happy that I wasn't losing that much ground on him. I was very happy with how comfortable I was feeling on the way out and got to the rocks not too long after him. Coming back my shoulders started feeling tired, I reckon some of it must be down to the suit as it's a multi-purpose yokey and not swim-specific.

After a very leisurely transition which lasted 1.5 hours and included a croissant, a mug of tea and a read of the paper (:o) I was out on my run.

Run

43:32 = 5:20/k

Included 6 x 100 strides at the end of this. Grand run, was fairly sweating it with the lovely weather by the time I got home. Good long stretch after and although I feel a little sluggish, I'm thankfully niggle free (touch wood).

A bit of leisurely work around the garden now and very little else for the rest of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

If only all transitions were like that, what a leisurely sport we are doing!

Take it easy in the garden. Advice is don't go doing all the odd jobs the days before the marathon. Rest up - you'll have plenty of time for that later. (I spent the Sat before DCM finishing the insulation and boarding out of my mother-in-laws attic. So easier said than done)

All the very best for the marathon, nice and steady 'til 20 miles and then give it what you got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

congrats on the great result dude

Sunday 6th June - am

Run
    27:58 = 5:11 / k

Short run before the big day, cut it slightly short, everything felt ok except for me feeling very sluggish.

Cork City Marathon - race report
    Monday 7th June

First off, sorry this is so long but it was my first marathon after all :D

I had set off down the road of my first marathon back in October with no real target just a vague 4hr mark. Training went really well and I lowered this to sub 3:15 after a particularly good training run with miles at pmp. Everything was going great until the I hit my 3 week taper period where I lost the bones of the first 2 weeks of this to injury. Target time changed many different times during the taper and I really started to lose focus on the marathon and was only thinking of getting stuck into triathlons after it was all done. It was my wife that sorted my head out and got me back focused on the 3:15 target (she’s brilliant so she is).

Had been worried about feeling sluggish the week before, was concerned I was too tired and hadn’t got enough sleep/rest, and was a bit worried that I hadn’t been excited enough about the big day. Morning of the race and all the nerves I hadn’t acknowledged beforehand hit me together. Was a nervous fidgety mess when I bumped into elliwallach outside city hall, and things only got worse as I headed for the start line. Spotted the 3:15 pacer and slipped in behind him.

Race started and everyone started walking forward, then a shuffle, then a walk again until finally I had enough room to start running. Kept the balloon in sight and picked my way through the crowd as efficiently as I could. Despite all the signs at the start there were still a load of people starting up the front who should have been a lot further back – but no major harm.

I had a pace band made out for 3:14 with mile splits, and my garmin on my wrist auto lapping every kilometre. After making our way through the crowds at the start we were after forming into our 3:15 group and hit the first mile marker slightly down on target The next few miles were pretty hectic and a fairly fierce pace was set, to be honest I thought that it was maybe too fast and started to back off a bit before deciding to trust the pacer and go with it. Once we hit the open section after the turnback at blackrock (about 11 miles) coming in by the estuary I knew now that he had been right to bank the time. Anyway, back to 5 miles and we were approaching the first relay change over point. Nice buzz about with plenty of cheering and encouragement. The pace slowed back a little coming towards the tunnel, but fairly clipped along through it. The splits to 12k were 4:39, 4:24, 4:30, 4:27, 4:32, 4:25, 4:28, 4:31, 4:37, 4:35, 4:37 & 4:22.

My bowels had started to get a bit wobbly at this stage and I was nearly due my first gel. I ran a bit ahead of the group stopping for a wee hoping that that would sort things out. Fell back in beside a guy I had been running with earlier and we spent the next 2 miles or so slowly catching back up with the group again – no panic, the other fella was great and was running his thirty sometenth marathon. Catch up we did and fell back into the rhythm again. This had taken us through the 2nd realy changeover where I spotted this bloke in a boards singlet waiting for his teammate. Running past at top speed I put my palm out to get his attention and roared ‘DustyBin!!’ and kept going. Turns out it was OI – good to meet you!! This took us up to the switch back at blackrock and into that desperate driving wind and rain. 13k to 18k went like so: 4:55 (pitstop), 4:49, 4:28, 4:17, 4:22 & 4:23.

We then had to face a wall of water - I was just thinking thank God I didn’t have to run it on my own!! 19k & 20k went by in a slower 4:45 & 4:54. But the bowels were back at me and having ran a couple of k trying to put it out of my head I had to bite the bullet just before the 13 mile mark. I obviously lost a lot of time here and was now out on one of the most exposed parts of the course on my own having fallen well behind the pace group once more. Again I tried to catch up slowly and not have to run too fast, but the pacer seemed to pick up the speed once we got into the trees and I really struggled to get to him. I knew that Mrs DB would be waiting for me shortly after the third relay changeover (about 16.5 miles) and I wanted to be back with the group by then so as she wouldn’t be getting worried.

After fairly bursting a gut and running at close to 10k race pace for periods I eventually caught up with the group again just before 16 miles. 21k to 27k went by like; 5:22 (pitstop again), 4:32, 4:15, 4:13, 4:06, 4:22 & 4:25. During this period I passed several people I recognised as having dropped out of our pace group and tried to coax them into joining me in hunting down the balloon but there were no takers, they all seemed to be fighting their own battles so left them at it. Asked a couple of spectators how far ahead the balloon was but could get no accurate feedback so just kept going.

Caught up with the group and then through the third relay changeover and now we were heading for what I had been warned was the toughest part of the course due to several hills and lots of turning. Mrs DB was there along with my Dad and his girlfriend and that was the last I’d see of them until the finish line which was hopefully going to be no longer than 1hr 15mins later.

Out the main road towards the airport and then a brutal switchback and up a desperately steep hill to cross over the flyover and head on towards Turner Cross direction. I found the period from 17.5 to 19 miles pretty tough going as I was starting to get tired both physically and mentally. What I found helped here was to talk it out with some fellow runners and joke about it all being in the head blah, blah, blah. It really helped to do this at the time. 28k to 31k were; 4:37, 4:33, 4:45 & 4:46. Somewhere around about 19.5miles I hit the zone, and I mean the good zone. Running started to feel pretty effortless and one of the lads I was running with commented something along the lines of; ‘Jaysus you look relaxed’. I felt really good and started to pull ahead of the group a little. I then had a slight rethink and dropped back to the pacer to check out what did the rest of the course look like. He told me there were two more hills but that once we got to the top of the hill on the Model Farm Road the wind was the only thing to worry about from then on in.

So I stuck with the group until we passed through the top of the hill which I think was about the 35k mark. Splits from 32k to 35k had been 4:37, 4:33, 4:53 & 4:44. Pulled ahead of the group at this stage shortly before the 4th & final relay changeover point. This was one of my favourite moments on the course, as I was feeling strong, nearly home, pulling ahead of the group and then I ran through the relay point. Fair play to each and everyone at this area, particularly one guy in a beany hat who spotted our group coming through and differentiated us from the relay runners. ‘Let’s hear it for the marathon runners!!’ he roared and the whole group started whistling and clapping as we passed through – the hairs are standing up on the back of my head now just remembering it. If I run a marathon again it will probably be in part to try and replicate this feeling once more – fantastic.

The number of runners that I was passing at this stage was unreal, lots of people just out on their feet. Again, I tried to encourage a few of them to start running again but mostly they weren’t interested, one guy pleaded ‘please just give me a breather’. Shortly thereafter one of the guys from the pace group appeared on my shoulder and asked me if I was ‘making break for it?’ I told him I sure was, and why not, I felt strong and there were only 4 miles left, the kind of run you would hardly bother doing before breakfast. Martin was his name and he had ran Cork the previous year so was able to warn me all about ‘de straight road’ before we hit it.

Coming down the hill after mile 22 with Martin and running onto the straight road before 23 miles I was thinking that we’d surely got over a minute in the bag at this stage considering the gap we were after opening up on the pace group. Facing a really strong head wind and 2 miles of pure straight road with little or no shelter I suggested to martin that we run together and take turns sheltering one another from the wind. We kept this up until about 23.5 miles, but after having gone through the 23 mile mark and checking my wristband I was very concerned that we seemed to have lost a load of time somewhere. We were well ahead of the pace group but we were about 45 seconds behind my 3:14 wristband. So about halfway up the road I made my mind up that despite the headwind, now was the time to embrace the pain if I was to have any chance of making sub 3:15, whilst still desperately trying to make sense of the whole reason why I was now in time trouble with the pace group so far behind me. I was confused, and convinced that I must have been reading my watch or my wristband wrong, but either way I wasn’t prepared to risk it so managed to dig deep and kick on for home. Went through the 24 mile mark and I was now around 50-60 seconds behind the time on my 3:14 band but knew that we’d be turning off this cursed straight road soon enough and hopefully into some little bit of shelter. All the time passing other runners which helped fuel my own pace and encourage me to pick off the next one, and the next one. I was on a hunt now and sub 3:15 was the prey.

Finally turned off that awful road around about 39k mark, a quick look over my shoulder and I was delighted to see Martin still with me. 36k to 39k went by with 4:37, 4:23, 4:43 & 4:46. My target was in serious danger now. As I turned to go into the park I passed who later turned out to be the 5th placed lady, I offered her some water as I went by but she was in a world of her own and didn’t want any distractions. At this stage I had taken to constantly checking my garmin thinking 42.2k minus what the watch says I’ve ran todate at a generous 5min per k should see me home ok, then I passed the 25 mile marker and realised that I still wasn’t safe. What’s happening? – I thought, first I thought I was ok ahead of the pace group. Now I think I’m ok with the distance remaining as per my watch – but I’m still under pressure – what’s going on? Soon enough I had the cop on to remember that there was no way I’d run a perfect 42.2k and that this was no way to be pacing myself to the finish.
    Out of the park now and onto the quays. My posture was pretty poor at this stage and my lower back and my hips felt really tired. I’d run the last couple of miles basically on my own and at flat out speed so far as I was able at that stage of a marathon. I thought about Martin and hoped he was ok but I didn’t trust myself to look over my shoulder at this stage. Coming up the quays I decided to give her socks and leave everything I had in me out on the course, when ZAP, my two calf muscles simultaneously let me know that they were having none of it, and I had this awful thought of having to stop at this stage so close to the finish. I had to carefully judge the pace now to push as hard as I dared, yet not have anything explode on me – fairly tight balancing act after 25 odd fast miles.

Was looking ahead wondering where the hell did the 26 mile marker go? Ho much further down the quays before we turned off? Do we turn at this bridge or is it the next one? And on and on and on.

Spotted some cars coming across a bridge ahead of me and then realised that they were crossing the race line as I could see a runner on the far side of the cars – ‘I can’t afford to slow down, I’m just going to have to run straight through them’ was what my energy deprived little brain managed to come up with. Luckily enough there was a Garda there to stop the traffic before I got there and on I went ‘phew’.

There it is, there’s the 26 mile sign and that must be the bridge we’re crossing. Coming up to the turn I had the SPR in my head and had made my mind up that I was going across the corner of the footpath to shave off a valuable split second. Just as I mounted the footpath a spectator turned to corner towards me directly in my racing line ‘out of the way’ I roared, it was perhaps a bit rude but in my defence I was tired & emotional and you were directly in my way, and I was also touch and go with regard to sub 3:15. The way I felt at that stage I was as likely to run directly over you as fall over and never get up again. Thankfully you managed a little shimmy and a crisis was averted.

Across the bridge and a great view down Patrick St with all the crowds but where was the finish line gone? Down the street around a slight bend and there it was in all it’s glory tantalisingly close now. A quick look at the watch and I knew that I’d done it, just got to keep going. A roar of encouragement from my left that I knew was my wife but didn’t see her and couldn’t look around. Shoulders hunched up around my ears at this stage I managed to keep running. Two fists in the air might be a bit clichéd but it was done as I was crossing the line before I knew what was happening. 3:14:54 chip time. Medal around the neck and I see a strangers face that I think I recognise ‘Thomas?’ It was TFB and after a desperately tired & brief introduction and congratulations it was off to meet my wife who was nearly crying at the barrier. She had put almost as much into themarathon as I had, and I probably wouldn't have gone for the sub 3:15 without her encouragement. Whilst waiting for me at the finish line she had seen a few people in pretty bad shape coming over the line, including one guy who collapsed with 50 mneters to go. All this was going through her head whilst I was out there pushing it with everything I had and I think she was just so relieved and proud to see me make it in one piece.

As is now becoming increasingly and frustratingly more common I forgot to stop the garmin on the finish line, but got it 11 seconds later. That final stretch from 40k onwards was a painful 4:35, 4:35, 4:39 & then 4:11 pace for the final 700 meters. I had run 500 meters more than the official distance, which I reckon isn’t too bad considering the crowds at the start and running a lot of the race in a pace group and so naturally being pushed out going around corners.

Having checked the provisional results it looks like I was the only person from our pace group to achieve sub 3:15 which is a bit of a shame. One runner behind me also got it but I had passed him just before the 26 mile mark.

So, target achieved by 6 seconds. I’m still trying to comprehend how that happened, I mean like running 26.2miles with a particular time target and getting under it by 6 seconds – unbelievable stuff.

Tired, sore, unable to walk down stairs - but just so happy right now. I also managed to raise a fair bit of money for the Irish Cancer Society while I was doing it so happy days all round.

My first marathon, will there be another one? Probably at some stage, but it won’t be Dublin 2010. Maybe will do Connemara 2011 without any real time target (have already paid for it) but the next serious attempt at a marathon would have to be sub 3hrs, and may well be tempted to go back down to Cork to try it. So next proper marathon attempt may be Dublin 2011 or Cork 2012? We’ll see how it goes.

Summary of stats:
    26.2 miles
    3:14:54 = 7:26 / m pace
    149 avg hr, 164 max hr

KM splits: 4:39, 4:24, 4:30, 4:27, 4:32, 4:25, 4:28, 4:31, 4:37, 4:35, 4:37, 4:22, 4:55, 4:49, 4:28, 4:17, 4:22, 4:23, 4:45, 4:54, 5:22, 4:32, 4:15, 4:13, 4:06, 4:22, 4:25, 4:37, 4:33, 4:45, 4:46, 4:37, 4:33, 4:53, 4:44, 4:37, 4:23, 4:43, 4:46, 4:35, 4:35, 4:39 & 4:11 pace for final 700 meters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

great stuff Dusty...well done !!

Loved reading the report too, nice first marathon ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Great stuff, great debut and great report. This is one I will re read again before my next marathon attempt.

Advertisement