Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Hairdressers for Funky haircuts?

• 28-09-2009 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭

I'll be in Waterford later on this week and I'd love to get my hair done down there.

Want to get a (don't laugh!) emo/scene style hair cut - lots of choppy layers, long fringe etc...

Just wondering if any of you peeps could recommend a place for such a cut?

Been looking at Urban Hype and Foxy Chopper however I have no idea what either are like or if there's anywhere better more suited to the kind of hairstyle I'm looking for?

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Foxy Chooper seems to be built around batsh!t crazy hairstyles(and thats just the people working there) so id say that could be right up your alley.Dunno anything bout Urban Hype except where it is......i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

Thanks for that, sounds like they might be right up my alley so! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

my daughter got her 'scene' haircut done in Urban Hype. She was thrilled with the cut but very disappointed to have paid EUR70 for purple colouring that washed out after a single wash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

Hi Gregg, God that doesn't sound too good at all about the colour only lasting a day - I don't suppose she went back to them about it did she?

From looking at their website I think they use Fudge Paintbox for the more "crazy" colours and from past experience Fudge doesn't last very long at long..

I don't suppose any of you know rough prices for a Cut, Wash & Blowdry with Foxy do ye?

There's no info on their website and have rang them numerous times today but the phone isn't being answered - presume they're closed Mondays?

Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Foxy chopper charge 42 euro for wash cut and blow dry. I have been there 4 times and they are really lovely. Really good too.... imaginative. If your looking for the type of cut you described id highly recommend there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vixenbees

hey there,

we had a discussion about this about a month ago check out this thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055647734

I've been to Foxy Chopper and Urban Hype and have to say Foxy Chopper is really in a league of their own for cutting and colouring. I was a loyal customer for 3 years but got fed up of paying €155 for full head of highlights and a cut (the same costs you €90 in Urban Hype at the moment) but I'm heading back to Foxy Chop in 2 weeks cos my poor hair needs some love!

Since you're just lookin for a wash cut and blowdry I'd definately go for Foxy Chopper cos €42 is great for what you'll get. Oh they do close Mondays by the way. Lyndsey is great for edgy styles, she changed me from brown to blonde I dont know how many times, side fringe to full fringe, did a funky upstyle for a ball etc.. really couldn't recommend her more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭deisedol

I think you have picked the two best in waterford for the style you want.
    Michael Downes the owner of foxy chopper is excellent for modern hair styles, he has won numerous of national awards.
    The urban hype is also very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vixenbees

Hi Gregg, God that doesn't sound too good at all about the colour only lasting a day - I don't suppose she went back to them about it did she?

From looking at their website I think they use Fudge Paintbox for the more "crazy" colours and from past experience Fudge doesn't last very long at long..

I don't suppose any of you know rough prices for a Cut, Wash & Blowdry with Foxy do ye?

There's no info on their website and have rang them numerous times today but the phone isn't being answered - presume they're closed Mondays?

Thanks again!

Where did you end up going and how did it turn out??

Advertisement