Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Critical Illness Cover

Options
  • 28-09-2009 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I have a mortgage with life cover but I want to take out a policy for critical illness, has anyone any advice on the best cover/value? Both my husband and I are employed in public sector.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

I would suggest a term based product that has guaranteed premiums and is not subject to review. Also dual life which is 2 single policies ie double payout rather than joint life. Throw in a conversion option which allows continuation of cover without the need for additional medical evidence and most importantly get an accelerated policy which means that payout will be in the event of death or occurence of specified illness whichever is first.

sample premiums:

Male & Female aged 34 and both non smokers:
    €100,000 cover over 20 year term.
    Accelerated cover Standalone Specified Illness Cover
    €68 per month dual €64 per month
    €64 per month joint life €69 per month

€36 per month for mortgage protection with specified illness cover

If you can't understand any of this go to a broker to get advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 New To This

Thanks for the info, am waiting on broker to get back to me.

Advertisement