Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coors Light Peak

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I woke up this morning and looked out the window to see the whole Stage is setup and nearly ready to go :D
    Fingers crossed now the weather stays dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭j22

I know its a bit late but if anyone has spare tickets please pm me.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭left_behind

Have four tickets here if anybody wants first person to pm will get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭businessboy

Have 4 tickets available if anybody wants them. PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

I can't make it after all either, have to do sound and play a gig in the Roisin, AND they were my brother's tickets as he couldn't go himself.. is anyone going? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

Ha ha who's goin, hey do i just forward the pdf document to another email address. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

what time is it starting? I would probably collect tickets in town this evening if anybody wants to donate...but i heard music earlier today...possibly sound checking?

btw...what do you think the chances are of sneaking in from a rib? (JC...im sure you've thought about it ;) )

thing was a laugh!

i was a man by jape was highlight.. proper craic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Melty

€5 pints.... no thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Good buzz I have to say, brought me own drink :D Turns out a family member was performing at one stage... didn't even cop it :p

Only stupid thing was the amount of toilets. 14 feckin toilets in the whole place and not a single urinal. Said it to a few of the organisers who were around for a chat after, they said they legally had enough for the amount of people there, but that they'll sort it out for the next destination

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Thought the whole thing was very well done. A lot better than I expected set-up wise. Free pints stopped after 8. €5 for (not even) a pint is ridiculous. They put (arguably) the best band on at the start when it wasn't busy enough. The toilet queues were ridiculous.

For me, when the support band after The Flaws had finished and that one man band guy was on I think it lost a real amount of buzz.

Oh, did anyone else see some girl completely out of it? Literially being dragged around by her boyfriend or a mate. Looked like she ingested more than Coors Light to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Looked like she ingested more than Coors Light to be honest.
    ha ha your not suppoesd to take the whole pill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

So was there free beer?

Anyone else think it was a bit ridiculous that you couldnt leave and come back in? Would it not have been pretty simple for them to get stamps or something?

Jape and RSAG were really good, but most of the crowd were just standing there looking bored, especially during RSAG.

I wouldn't argue with the 5euro for a pint to be honest - that's the price at every flippin' concert - you KNOW the pints are gonna be expensive. Rather than whine about it, bring your own for fecks sake... 'tis a recession! The reason I wouldn't argue with the price of the pints is because the whole concert was FREE... they have to try and recoup their monies somehow.

I didn't arrive until after 9 but still got 5 free pints (and another 3 for mates) with some ticket things I was given. Free beer tastes so much better :D

All in all, free entertainment can't be argued with. It was a different buzz to the norm... everyone was just chillin' and havin the craic, really relaxed buzz. Again, only complaint was the toilets. I just took a p1ss in the corner of the toilet area at one stage - few mins later there was about 50 lads doing it. The security just turned a blind eye to it cause we were just p1ssing into the grass... and it'd take a foolish person to try to stop someone p1ssing mid-flow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

JohnCleary wrote: »
    you KNOW the pints are gonna be expensive. Rather than whine about it, bring your own for fecks sake... 'tis a recession!

I didn't arrive until after 9 but still got 5 free pints (and another 3 for mates) with some ticket things I was given. Free beer tastes so much better :D

The amount of people getting stopped on the way into the place with drink... I should of got tips off ya getting drink in the place.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    The amount of people getting stopped on the way into the place with drink... I should of got tips off ya getting drink in the place.

Bottle of buckie (in plastic bottle) down the pants - no problems at all :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

moonflower wrote: »
    Anyone else think it was a bit ridiculous that you couldnt leave and come back in? Would it not have been pretty simple for them to get stamps or something?

I left a good few times and came back in, no problem? So did a load of my friends.

Good buzz around the place for that night, sound was pretty crap though. The last Coors Light event in Galway had free beer all night, but no live music, so I guess they spent all the free drink budget on getting the music acts this time around. My hipflask came in handy on the night anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

I came at half 9 and they weren't letting anybody in. The guy at the entrance said that they always give out more tickets than they're allowed in the venue because some people book tickets but don't turn up. Obvious flaw in logic there! He also said they were 200 under capacity but they'd been told not to let anyone in after half 9. They must have turned away about a hundred people. People were leaving as well, could they not have done a "1 out, 1 in" kind of thing?

Overall very disappointed, but not as much as the guy I was talking to who had come down from Dublin for it. Bad form.

Jamey wrote: »
    I left a good few times and came back in, no problem? So did a load of my friends.

Really? I was inside with a few people and the rest of my friends were at the arch, I wanted to go out and hurry them up but the security guy I asked said I could only come back in if I had a spare ticket that hadn't been scanned. How did ye get back in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sorchaod

Does anyone have any spare tickets for pete doherty PLEASE!! Will collect. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

sorchaod wrote: »
    Does anyone have any spare tickets for pete doherty PLEASE!! Will collect. Cheers

I have 20, but your not having any.

You're not going to have any luck, there's no actual tickets, it's just people's names put on a list and a code emailed out. Unless you were sent an email invite you cant get on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭sean1ucc

When will the tickets for be sent out for cork does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

me too :( anyone with a couple of names they can spear, PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭sean1ucc

If any has any spare or unwanted tickets for the cork gig could they PM me, much appreciated! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Machismo

Hey guys.. We're the cork band "Machismo" that are supporting R.S.A.G. and The Charlatans on main stage this coming sat (17th).

We'll be running a competition on our facebook page over the next few days giving away 3 pairs of tickets and copies of our E.P. entitled "The Swell"..

www.myspace.com/machismotheband

Please make sure to get there early.. we're on stage @ 6:30pm.. COME SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC GUYS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭halpin17

Any spares?

Advertisement