Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow charities

Options
  • 28-09-2009 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

I'm running the Dublin City Marathon on 26th Oct.
    I wasn't going to do any fundraising but people keep offering me money so I reckon I better raise a few bob for charity.

Can anyone recommend a worthy Carlow based charity. I would really like to keep the money in the county.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Quiet Lurker

Git101 wrote: »
    I'm running the Dublin City Marathon on 26th Oct.
    I wasn't going to do any fundraising but people keep offering me money so I reckon I better raise a few bob for charity.

Can anyone recommend a worthy Carlow based charity. I would really like to keep the money in the county.

Thanks
    There are many worthwhile charities in Carlow doing wonderful local work. A couple of suggestions would be Special Olympics ,Carlow (keep it in the county), St Laserians Special School or also the Carlow Hospice fund. PM me if you need any info. Its wonderful in times like this that people still are prepared to put in an effort for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

you could also do it for Saint Vincent de Paul, they always need money for the less unfortunate Carlow families coming near Christmas

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Saplings school for children with autism, they get v little public funding and do great work

SAPLINGS CARLOW
    The Laurel's Barn
    Church Road
    Graiguecullen
    Co.Carlow
    will pm you an email address

Saplings school for children with autism, they get v little public funding and do great work

SAPLINGS CARLOW
    The Laurel's Barn
    Church Road
    Graiguecullen
    Co.Carlow
    will pm you an email address
    Yea they are good too. Apparently the recent fashion show made €20000 + for them

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Thanks for all the suggestions.
    So many good causes.
    Because of the sports aspect I'm leaning towards Carlow Special Olympics.

• Advertisement

Git101 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the suggestions.
    So many good causes.
    Because of the sports aspect I'm leaning towards Carlow Special Olympics.
    That would be wonderful GIT, I can check out a contact name for you and pm you afterwards. Is this your first marathon ? How ambitious are you regarding time?

That would be wonderful GIT, I can check out a contact name for you and pm you afterwards. Is this your first marathon ? How ambitious are you regarding time?

Thanks Quiet Lurker.

I did a quick google search but couldn't find a local number, it you have a contact number I would appreciate it.

This will be my second marathon I ran Dublin last year.
    I'm no John Treacy so I'll be delighted if I can run sub 3.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Another one is the Holy Angels daycare centre. They look after children that have autism or other special needs. Here's their site http://www.theholyangels.org/

Thanks Irish Guitarist.

Another excellent cause.

I have decided to support the Carlow Special Olympics this time.

If I can find a way for people to donate online or in person I'll post it in the Carlow forum.... If that's not too cheeky :p

Advertisement