Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keg party rental

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭MattKane

Possibly ontap.ie - Might be worth checking out.

I'd think kegs would be pretty expensive no matter where you got them from, although saying that I've never bought them myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

http://www.ontap.ie/ looks good, they sell Bavaria!

Also found these guys:
    http://www.premierbarhire.ie/party-keg-hire/

I'm thinking of buying the tap off eBay, instead of renting for €80/night.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

alantc wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying the tap off eBay, instead of renting for €80/night.
    You do realise it's not just a question of attaching a tap to the keg and pouring, don't you?

BeerNut wrote: »
    You do realise it's not just a question of attaching a tap to the keg and pouring, don't you?

Yes! Just got off the phone from an eBay seller who said he'd do everything I need (except gas) for ~£150, ex-rental stuff. Seems better than renting for €60 (ontap.ie price).

Just found
    http://www.thebarcompany.ie

cheapest Bavaria yet, €185/keg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

I would strongly advise against this unless youve actually poured a pint before.

A pub in cork city has a few tables with taps on them where you can pour your own. They make a fuqing killing from the wastage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

you might have your heart set on having a keg and tap,
    but it might be worth your while thinking about getting a load of bottles !

Aldi have some excellent oktoberfest biers for only €1.99 a bottle (500ml)

less wastage etc.. worth a thought

Arcto wrote: »
    I would strongly advise against this unless youve actually poured a pint before.

A pub in cork city has a few tables with taps on them where you can pour your own. They make a fuqing killing from the wastage.

One of us works in a pub and I did years ago. Half it is going on the carpet, anyway.

I ordered most of the equipment from an eBay seller. It arrived too late, though this was partly my fault. The seller was very nice and helpful throughout. If you're purchasing, this will be cheaper than the Irish websites, though delivery will be v.expensive - I had it sent to a friend in Belfast who was coming to the party.

I got two kegs of Bavaria from The Bar Company and rented the equipment too. These guys were great, delivered and set it up for me, and told me to call at any time with any problems.

I found one other place that sells kegs, Carlow Brewing Company, but their website is crap and I didn't contact them myself.
    Arcto wrote: »

I expected it to be worse than it was. Turns out any idiot can pull a pint.

The whole thing was really expensive, much more expensive than buying cans, but it was cool to have kegs in my dining room. The party was great. Do it.

booze.ie
    Crap website. Price (€250/keg) seems to include equipment rental, though it's not too clear

The Keg Man
    Looks v.cheap and has free delivery inside Dublin. I'll probably use these guys next time.

Messrs Maguire's
    Someone mentioned ordering some of their own beers in another thread, though there's no mention of it on the website.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

[Post originally in reply to a shill. Shill's post is gone -- thanks for removing, mystery Mod.]
    I have a projector, ordered a keg and got the lads over.
    And they offered you a job too? Fantastic!

I really don't get why people think pretending to be a satisfied customer will actually help sell their product. It's far more likely to ensure that message board users will never darken their website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭parkerpen

Far easier to buy a selection of cans. I know it's not draught but not everybody enjoys the same beers. At least with cans, everybody is more likely to get a beer they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tommyhappy

where can i get one of these. Im living in cork. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kegerator

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

tommyhappy wrote: »
    where can i get one of these. Im living in cork. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kegerator
    You generally have to make them yourself, and are normally made to serve home brew, but the odd time a homebrewer will sell one of their own if they're trading up or run out of space, etc.

You'd need to ask, or keep an eye out, on home brewing websites if you were looking to buy a secondhand one, or indeed if you were looking for tips on how to make one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Why anyone would go through the expense and hassle of organizing a keg of beer only to fill it with Bavaria is beyond me, that would be liking buying a top of the range Mercedes to use for stock car racing.

Advertisement