Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ForeFront Security

• 28-09-2009 3:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Our 90 day trial of Forefront server security is about to run out.

Is it worth purchasing a 10 person user license which works out at 150 ex VAT per year?

Or what would be an alternatively to Forefront?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

NO.....

I;m forced to use this in work and it's awful, there are lot of stuff it does not pickup.

I run a full scan and found nothing, then run malwarebytes and it's reported >5 virus/trojans.
    abakan wrote: »
    Hi all,

Our 90 day trial of Forefront server security is about to run out.

Is it worth purchasing a 10 person user license which works out at 150 ex VAT per year?

Or what would be an alternatively to Forefront?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

even with all the virus engines it has, it still manages to miss trojans etc.

I have exchange running on the server also so any replacement would need to scan exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭johnmd

You could use a cheap online spam/mx filtering service with reporting etc,loads of em online.Point your mx records for exchange to them and then lock down your inbound exchange ports on the firewall.
    Combined with IDC on your firewall and AV on the server should give you a multi layered defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

+1 for JohnMD

Postini is an excellent option - its owned by google so it just works.

Also Censornet's offering - I use their Web filtering product and it works very well.

Advertisement