Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Season 2009/10 How The Opposition are doing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

and so it begins....

3RR games called off because of a frozen pitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

We're in Wesley tomorrow and early so should get away with it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I will expect a a lot of disruption to three rock and columbas games over the next couple of months

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    We're in Wesley tomorrow and early so should get away with it.

wesley was a bit dodgy on thursday night last.

MON DEC 7 18:30 3RRB Steau needarest The Ronnie Rosenthals
    MON DEC 7 19:30 3RRB Cream of Jesus II The Gary Breen Experience
    MON DEC 7 20:30 CLMBS Boardeaux Pat fc
    TUE DEC 8 19:15 WES2 Ravenhill ODwyerski FC
    TUE DEC 8 21:00 3RRB Coffin Dodgers Bar Real

massive night. all the top teams are up against each other. a win for us would be super.

as regards the team me, art, dan and mick play for, rocco rovers, we went on a savage run of 6 unbeaten and moved to joint 2nd, but have lost 2 in a row now to drop down to 6th. the league is very even bar one team who have won i think 8 from 9 and drew with us. the team that was 2nd bottom 3 weeks ago, is now 2nd. weve yet to lose to the teams who are in the top of the table, but have lost against teams who were in the bottom 3 when they played us, so looks like we struggle against the teams with lesser ability, but more strength.

• Advertisement

anybody know the result from last nite?

gary? i wonder if the fact that both teams have not updated, means it was a draw....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

5-0 to O'Dwyerski :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

We stay second and 3 points next week are a must! That would leave us in a good position going into next year.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    5-0 to O'Dwyerski :D

what the f8ck? how are they hammering everybody?

well at least if we beat them, the league is in our own hands then as no other team can catch us if we keep winning...

avoiding defeat is the first priority, thats a potential 10 point gap if we lose, with 2 games in hand....

they have won 7 on the bounce, they must have got new players in since we played them...they are on some run. that has to come to an end next week.

i think the fixtures have changed again slightly.

would be sweet to be 4 points off top next week with 2 games in hand going into the 3 weeks off...

• Advertisement

i think the fixtures have changed again slightly.

would be sweet to be 4 points off top next week with 2 games in hand going into the 3 weeks off...

2nd place is definately there for the taking. we currently lie 3rd, but steua play o dwyers. our goal difference is exactly the same so even a draw there means we finish above them by winning. only question is pat fc, there is a game missing for them. they will beat the coffin dodgers so it all depends on who their missing game is. maybe its already played. anybody know if they played last week?

we will know more after tuesday if our game next week means anything but defo we should aim to be finishing 2nd.

pat fc beat ravenhill 4-0 so looks like we wont finish 2nd by 1 point if we win our last game. 3rd place is the best we can get now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

So, we were third highest goalscorers(51 scored), and joint second best defence (30 conceded).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Interesting stats alright. The fact that we had walkovers against two teams that we beat 6-0 and 5-2 in the games they did show up for does make it a little harder to say how accurate a reflection those stats are though cos I'd say we'd easily have put more than 3 past the Coffin Dodgers so late in the season if they had showed up....all moot though I suppose. I hate walkovers almost as much as losing though....and only part of that is rueing the missed opportunity to keep the goals per game ratio ticking over, it's mainly down to just hating getting a game cancelled when you've been looking forward to playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I love walkovers, I got six goals this season :D

Oh, I stuck the final table in the Fixtures thread.

And to add.
    Hi Lads,

As we approach the end of season we want to say thanks to all for a great winter of football.

We hope you all enjoyed it and are looking forward to seeing you at the presentation night.

Date: Thursday, March 25th 2010
    Venue: Alexander Hotel, Fenian St. (Off Merrion Sq)
    Time: 8pm
    Entertainment: Race night, spot prizes, great craic

All are welcome.

More details will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Des wrote: »
    I love walkovers, I got six goals this season :D

Oh, I stuck the final table in the Fixtures thread.

And to add.

All screamers from outside the box aswell I hear!

Advertisement