Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radiators in apartment not heating up!

Options
  • 28-09-2009 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Have gas central heating in my apartment. There are 4 radiators and 2 are not heating up. I think its a sealed system.

I tried to bleed the 2 radiators but no air comes out? Any suggestions?

Is there a valve near hot water tank I need to turn to repressurise the system? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

The valve is called a summer valve which switches off the radiators if you want hot water during summer....Turn off all the radiators first, wack the heating in full. Then goto to each of the radiators thats not working and turn on one at a time, wait for a min and try and vent it, if it starts to heat up goto next radiator.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭boffin54321

I found the valve and repressurised the system to 1.5 bar. There was air in the rad in bathroom which I bled out. there's no air in the other 3 rads.

Turned on the heating but only the rad in bathroom heats up. Others remain cold. There are no thermomstats on the walls.

Any suggestions as to why only 1 in 4 rads heats up? Thanks

Advertisement