Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider crazy in back garden how to get rid of them

Options
  • 28-09-2009 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Now, I think some may have the opinion, just let the wildlife and nature do its thing, but the spiders in my back garden are everywhere. All over the garden furniture, fence panels, sides of windows. Some of them are huge (2.5'' total diameter). Is there anything I can do to reduce the amount of spiders in my back.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

batman2000 wrote: »
    Some of them are huge (2.5'' total diameter).

IMO - 2.5 inch seems a bit large, any pics.?

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Nope it got killed before it had time to pose !! Apparently I hear this is been reported on buglife. The increase in spiders and daddy-long-legs are due to the dry weather. Next time I see one that big I will take some pictures with a tape !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Sure leave them, they'll all be dead in a couple of weeks. There are some stunning examples about, also there has been a serious decrease in the amount of flies around... :confused: :eek: :eek: ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

also there has been a serious decrease in the amount of flies around...

Same here... itn't it great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

batman2000 wrote: »
    Nope it got killed before it had time to pose !!

From reading your OP I was under the impression that there was hundreds of them. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Well no not hundreds but about 10, which is alot in my mind considering the size of them !

Advertisement