Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Msc Financial Economics Investment,Banking and Risk Management UCC

Options
  • 28-09-2009 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,
    I was just wondering does anyone know much about this course. I have an engineering degree and now I have being offered this. Also if anyone has already completed this course i would be grateful if you could give me some information regards content workload and job opportunities.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Is it not late to start a course?

I came across some risk management jobs, seem plentiful, especially in big banking areas like london, frankfurt.

they seem to have some programming also, so kinda techy jobs.

what was your eng degree in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Calcio

I think I received a late offer, I guess they had not filled the class after the first round offers or someone cancelled late. My degree is in civil but I would not be mad about moving to London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

well all these jobs would be based in financial districts

whats the duration? civil to risk management is some career change...!

im doing a masters at ucc myself

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I reckon Risk management is good area to be entering at the moment. But realistically, you'll be looking at a move to Dublin at the least for work, if not further afield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 TheGraduate

Is it not late to start a course?

I came across some risk management jobs, seem plentiful, especially in big banking areas like london, frankfurt.

they seem to have some programming also, so kinda techy jobs.

what was your eng degree in?

x in the city where did you see the jobs being advertised? These jobs all middle office so? Currently doing a Msc in Computational Finance and wondering what the job market will be like next summer.

Re. the first post,
    There are some civil engineers in my course currently, 2 I think. I was accepted to the Financial Economics course over the summer but opted for Comp Finance instead. I wouldn't say you will have too much trouble making the switch as your undergrad would of been pretty quantitative in its content.

• Advertisement
Advertisement