Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v West Ham United (Kick off: 8pm)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ah there's no need to bother counting Owen's goals. Sure he justified his signing last week. ;)

City are extraordinarily lax about defending short corners. There's acres of space to exploit for West Ham, just like there was last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Stanislas and Hines on for West Ham wonder when we'll see Santa.

Need one more goal for me over 4.5 goals bet to come in,c'mon Tevez!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

ntlbell wrote: »
    what excuses am i making?

You dismissed West Ham as decent opposition, even though everyone knows they are. Maybe he just needed a move to re-discover his goalscoring touch. Looks sharp tonight anyway.

Anyhoo, great to see Roque on the pitch now.

Poor miss from Santa Cruz, although he is rusty I suppose.

Jonno back as well! Fantastic

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Jonno back as well! Fantastic

Looks like he's put on a good bit of muscle. I remember him being quite slight the last time I saw him.

Looks like he's put on a good bit of muscle. I remember him being quite slight the last time I saw him.

Yeah he put on a lot of weight at first but has now turned most of it into muscle. If he stays fit he'll be brilliant for us.

Another three points on the board. Very happy overall, particularly with Petrov. Great to see him back to his best after so long out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Good win for City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Citys defence is still porous. Maybe it just needs time to gel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Yeah he put on a lot of weight at first but has now turned most of it into muscle. If he stays fit he'll be brilliant for us.

Another three points on the board. Very happy overall, particularly with Petrov. Great to see him back to his best after so long out.

theres good bit of fat on him too, reminded me of fowler a bit, though id say hell lose that easy enough over the next few weeks. great to see him back.

nice game, could have had a load more goals but the defence still looks iffy especially at set pieces. bellamy is playing really well though, its gonna be tough to drop him or tevez for ade or rocky. nice position to be in though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Zola wrote: »

"It was a game, in my opinion, that we didn't play at all and yes maybe there was a couple of mistakes from the referee but that is part of the game,"

"But the standard I am expecting from the team is much more, in the second-half we were better.
    "I am talking about the first-half which wasn't good enough and you can't afford to come to places like this and just give presents to the opposition, they will take advantage of the smallest opportunity."

"For the moment, we haven't been able to show it [how good they are],"

"Unless we improve it is not good enough - no doubt we will improve our position and will ask more of ourselves."

refreshing to see Zola not focus on the referee. it's so easy to sound bitter, especially after the fact it should have been 2-2 at half-time with Parker's 'goal'.

good to see, therefore, him focus on the fact West Ham simply weren't as good as City, and that was the reason they didn't win.

you could do a lot worse than Gianfranco as your manager I suspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

SlickRic wrote: »
    you could do a lot worse than Gianfranco as your manager I suspect.

you could have neil warnock! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Owen 2
    Tevez 2

Pah!

Defoe 5
    Bent 6

Now can you all stfu about sigs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

How did Jimenez play in this last night?

Advertisement