Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help please ..locating weird size floorboards

Options
  • 28-09-2009 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi folks

I'm trying to locate some replacement t&g floorboards weird size there around 108mm width.
    I've found 119mm and ones around 85mm but cant find any 108mm
    already tried smiths and Chadwick's with no joy.

seem like an old board that the corpo used to use.
    any help locating a few would be appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

10mm shrinkage sounds alot but it might be worth getting an off cut of the 119mm boards and keeping it in the same room as your 108mm ones and seeing what size it is after drying for a couple of weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

Maybe you could buy the 119mm ones and rip them down.
    If you know anyone who has a woodwork shop they can run them through a router and put a new groove on them.
    It is not a big project really....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

I suspect it will be even more difficult to get the old tongue to match with the new grove or the other way around so at least one board will need adjusting for that.

Then theres no mention of the thickness of the old boards, best get one up and check.

Advertisement