Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refuse Collection Problems

Options
  • 28-09-2009 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

recently moved into our newly built home in the sticks of North Cork; prob is noone wants to provide us with a bin collection service, Greenstar, Wiser, Country Clean and the council have all said no we are not on their route.

i always thought the council would be obliged to provide the service i mean how about they fit their route around their customers! I'm about half a mile down a boreen from what i suspect is a regular route for all of them. one company told me they'd collect my bin if i pulled it to a point that was 1.8 klms from my house!!

what are my options? trips to the dump every 2 weeks i'm guessing? any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

That sucks! You'd think the private companies would want any customer they can get right now seeing as the easy pickings of new housing estates are a thing of the past!
    As for the council, they're a useless shower. The company that built our estate in Mallow has gone bust and the council have told the residence association they're on there own as regards maintenance of the estate due to lack of resources!
    If you have to go to the dump every 2 weeks though there's one on the Spa road in Mallow. It takes nearly everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Skillie

thanks for the reply looks like its trips to the dump alright. pain but no1 wants the business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sunshinegirl

another option is to bring your black bags to munster waste once a month,they charge per bag,but you can get fairly big refuse bags these days and bring the recycle to millstreet every couple of months. Get a compost bin too and shred your paper add it to the compost. You would be suprised how much stuff goes in the compost. Just get some tiger worms for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Skillie

^^ Good advice thanks

Advertisement