Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Phone sub €100

• 28-09-2009 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a new phone, either unlocked or for O2 with a maximum price of €100.

I've taken the questions from the sticky in this forum.

* What features are important to you in a phone? (i.e. camera, gps, FM radio, Stereo Bluetooth):
    GPS would be nice, there is nothing specific I require other than basic functionality.

* Form factor - i.e. touchscreen, slider, flip phone, etc.:
    Don't care

* Internet - is 3G/mobile internet important, or WiFi/EDGE:
    3G would be nice, do I have to upgrade my sim card though?

* Operator - have you an operator preference:

* Pre-pay/Bill-pay/SIM-Free - have you a preference for either :
    Pre-Pay

* Price range:
    0-100

From looking at the O2 sites upgrade options, the LG KS360 at €99 caught my eye
    lg_ks360.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Don't touch that lg with a bargepole its really buggy and sure to give u a headache...

If ur prepay I'd be jumping at meteors deal at the moment before it finishes, 131 free credit and a nokia 3210c for 79.. The same phones 99 on 02 and you'll only get 35 upgrade credit..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

I shows how long it been since I bought a phone.

I see I can avail of the generous free credit with new phone when joining a provider but still keep my old number. Times have changed.

I rarely use my phone for calls / texts to be honest so it makes little difference to me what provider I am on as I don't use it enough to see the consequences of any particular price plan.

I'd be very interested if I could find something with GPS, then add some routing software / at the very least Google Maps, to use the phone as a sat nav.

Advertisement