Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help configuring HM for Tourneys

Options
  • 28-09-2009 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am setting up my own configurations in HM for MTT (9 handed mainly), but I would need some help understanding the ranges as most of the info I find online are for Cash Games, mainly 6-max. I am looking to use only 3 ranges for each stat: red=strong, yellow=so so, green=bad player, and would need help definining the correct %.

These are the stats I would like to incorporate in my config:

Line one (General stats):
    Abb. Name
    VPIP
    Agg. Factor

Line two (Preflop stats)
    Limp
    Limp/Call
    Limp/Fold
    Preflop Raise
    3-Bet
    Fold to 3-Bet
    Steal
    Fold to Steal

Line Three (Post Flop stats)
    Check/Raise
    C-Bet flop
    Fold to flop c-bet
    C-Bet Turn
    Fold to turn c-bet
    Went to Showdown

any help is very much appreciated ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

TBH I find all that colour coding over-rated and sometimes unhelpful.

I use PT3 and have only the number of hands played is in red, everything else standard. I tried to incorporate colour cding into vpip/pfr etc but be careful, it can be misleading. EG what value pfr for aggressive? It depends on VPIP and I don't think PT3 can combine stats to colour code them.

Also, colours can be hard to see at a glance and in fact you might misread them.

It is impotant to separate the pop up stats into pre and post flop, I divide mine into pre/flop/turn/tiver/misc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

I don't quite get how people get good value out of HEM / PT3 for MTT's

Are we only recording hands from tables that we have played at or are we mining hands at other tables in the tournament?

And the most important question is how do we account for the stage of the tournament, relative stacks etc that the hands we are gathering are relevant to?
    And how are stats during rebuy periods accounted for?

I guess I should start playing with one of them again to find out but my assumption had always been that raw stats on MTT players are worse than useless because of these kind of problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

You are not wrong here - the stats provide more of a general guide in MTT play compared with a more specific analysis in cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭suilen

I don't quite get how people get good value out of HEM / PT3 for MTT's

Are we only recording hands from tables that we have played at or are we mining hands at other tables in the tournament?

And the most important question is how do we account for the stage of the tournament, relative stacks etc that the hands we are gathering are relevant to?
    And how are stats during rebuy periods accounted for?

I guess I should start playing with one of them again to find out but my assumption had always been that raw stats on MTT players are worse than useless because of these kind of problems.

I use HM for Mtts and find it very useful, even from a small number of hands you can get a better idea of who is playing loose in position or folding to 3bets alot etc. Also if your playing a tournament regularly you'll usually end up playing against the same players at some stage so any sort of extra information is very important. Granted you cant take account for rebuy periods, but this is only the first hour typically of an 6-8 hour tournamemt so it wont have a huge effect on your sample of hands. I dont mine hands in MTT's though myself, not sure if anyone does. I'd say if you only play 1 or 2 tables then it might not make any difference but as you play more tables then it definitly helps, very handy for simple stuff like identifying nits or fish at a glance for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

I agree with sulien. I use HM for MTT's. I don't have (or want) quite as many details as the OP wants but I find what I do have is useful for figuring out if a player is extremely nitty, will fold to my cbet etc.

You'll be surprised how many regs play the same tourneys night after night - especially the mid stakes MTT's. Having their stats at a glanc when you arrive at thier table is useful.

I think you can also configure the stats to only collate after the first few levels of a MTT are played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

TBH I find all that colour coding over-rated and sometimes unhelpful.

I use PT3 and have only the number of hands played is in red, everything else standard. I tried to incorporate colour cding into vpip/pfr etc but be careful, it can be misleading. EG what value pfr for aggressive? It depends on VPIP and I don't think PT3 can combine stats to colour code them.

Also, colours can be hard to see at a glance and in fact you might misread them.

It is impotant to separate the pop up stats into pre and post flop, I divide mine into pre/flop/turn/tiver/misc.

Totally disagree. I remember when HM hud first got released. I couldn't use it purely because it was not colour coded. In all other respects it blew PAHUD out of the water.
    It makes things far easier on the eye.

Advertisement