Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing router frequency

• 28-09-2009 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

how to i change the frequency on my wireless router? whenever im playing world of warcraft, on my xbox, or msn ect... and the home phone rings i get disconnected and its really annoying :mad::mad::mad: i read somewhere that it may be the frequency and i am seeking help.

router details:
    Router Name
    Netopia
    Model
    3347NWG
    (and im eircom)

if u need more info tell me what i left out, as u can probably see im not too techy, and what wud be a good frequency?

also, my internet speed was upgraded but it doesnt seem to have made much of a differance.

Speed:
    2048/384 (kbps)

would i need a new modem to make it better, i think it shud b around 6mb/s
    thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Have you fitted filters to the phone junction boxes?

I think you are barking up the wrong tree with "frequencies".

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 cfitz94

what dya mean? the thing taht takes phone line and boradband?
    well fi it is i had 1 but it broke, lol. ill keep it in mine but i wud like to know how to chagne the frequincy as the phone is a wireless 1, and not wired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Yeh, you need to have these guys...

DSL-FILTER-2.gif

because...
    A DSL filter is an analog low-pass filter installed between analog devices (such as telephones or analog modems) and a POTS telephone line, in order to prevent interference between such devices and a DSL service operating on the same line. Without DSL filters, signals or echoes from analog devices at the top of their frequency range can result in reduced performance and connection problems with DSL service, while those from the DSL service at the bottom of its range can result in line noise and other issues for analog devices.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Smallcats

could be faulting dsl filter as eircoms ones tend to die quick enough. I changed it wit a ADSL filter and hadnt had a prob with it. The wireless phone shouldn affect your internet

thx for the help, ill try and get one of those bad boys soon :D ill giv sum feedback ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭TeaServer

If the phone is wireless it could be interfering with the Wireless internet as they operate on similar frequencies (2.4 GHz range)

If your on Channel 1 on your wireless router try changing to either Channel 6 or 11. See if the situation improves.

To change the Channel

In your web browser navigate to 192.168.1.254
    Here you should be presented with the configuration page
    Click on Wireless configuration (or similiar)
    Find the 'Channel' setting and change to either 1,6 or 11 - as far from the current one as possible.
    Click save/apply or similiar and restart the wireless router

Oh and also get the DSL filter fitted to the line as this will cause issues if not fitted too

thanks for all the help, i got a new dls yoke for €9,99. everything seems to be fine, thanks again:D

Advertisement