Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[C&C] Any suggestions/thoughts on this photo?

• 28-09-2009 5:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭

615638D92D884B0DB0109A37A58FAA46-800.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Its quite dark and creepy, just like religion.
    I would have perhaps shot it straight on also to compare.
    Also a tighter crop migh be worth looking into.
    You've got some nice light around the center candle although the image appears to have a lot of noise reduction.
    Perhaps take the original noisy version (unless this is how it came from the camera) and try a black and white.

I would clone out the light bulb in the top left also as it's distracting.

Does nothing for me I am afraid...

Nothing really to capture interest. A close up of something in a dark church would be more my thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

I agree that a much tighter crop would improve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

personally i wouldnt crop too much of it at all.

I would however take enough away to get rid of the white light in the top left corner.

I really like the way the shadow falls, straight on wouldnt have got that.

Good shot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

Did you restrict the ISO to 160? Seems very low for a such a dark scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

It's very dark maybe if the spot on the crucifix was brighter/stronger it would emphasise the scene more, a tighter crop would also be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

I would definitely remove the light in the top corner. May be a curves adjustment layer might help...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

thats for the suggestions - i never noticed the lamp in the top right until it was pointed out
    :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I like it... very sharp, nice colours, very... "orthogonal" and the shadow looks really cool. I agree that the Jesus cross and the very centre of the image could be brighter / easier to see, but the side of the altar is perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

oooh creepy atmospheric, its good. love the shadow of the cross on the wall.

as someone else said get rid of the light on the top left.

I would be wary of cropping it as I like the way you see all of the lit area ie on my monitor all the edges are black.

• Advertisement
Advertisement