Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How not to treat an NSX

• 28-09-2009 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭

If I had one and it was raining I'd leave it in the garage.

This is criminal and stupid treatment of a rare supercar.

On the bright side at least it won't rust.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

sickening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

typical american retards.

"IT'S STILL RUNNING"
    oh shut your mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

It's a Honda though - a little bit of wet won't stop it!

On a more serious note though, what a f*&king tool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

SV wrote: »

"IT'S STILL RUNNING"
    oh shut your mouth.

If it had a low air-intake assembly into the engine, it wouldn't have driven out of the puddle though.

I thought it was gonna stop halfway through as well!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

such shocking treatment of such a stunning motor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Meh, he created a bow wave, so there prob wasn't any major amount of water in the engine compartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭B11gt00e

Mr Wolf would never have treated his car like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Lots of cream, lots of sugar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

What a tool. I nearly cried :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tomasbu

what a dumbasses :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Its a honda at the end of the day with 270 or 290 bhp engines. You can get focus's with more power than that. An m3 is not classed as a supercar and neither should this be.

tomasbu wrote: »
    I think you should edit your post:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

tomasbu wrote: »

Hahaha the ironing is delicious!

On topic: I would like to find the guy who did that and punch him square in the nose :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Fcuking retards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I'm sorry to say that most low slung American cars wouldn't make it through that - hence their surprise.

On a side note I saw two NSX's today! (It never rains but it pours) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Plug wrote: »
    Its a honda at the end of the day with 270 or 290 bhp engines. You can get focus's with more power than that. An m3 is not classed as a supercar and neither should this be.

Cars aren't classed as a Supercar just by BHP, it has to be a balance of everything from performance to styling and exclusivity to expense.
    Hell just look at the thing, then look at a hot hatch Focus or M3, there's no comparison.

Senna wrote: »
    Cars aren't classed as a Supercar just by BHP, it has to be a balance of everything from performance to styling and exclusivity to expense.
    Hell just look at the thing, then look at a hot hatch Focus or M3, there's no comparison.
    Maybe not the focus RS then but an M3, c'mon! Take an M3 csl. Faster, more expensive, more exclusive and class looks and thats not a supercar.

I would class supercars by high BHP, super fast acceleration and massive top end speeds but also with the heavy expense and exclusiveness.
    The NSX is only a sportscar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Meh, he created a bow wave, so there prob wasn't any major amount of water in the engine compartment.

+1

I reckon the driver knew exactly what he was doing. He knew how deep the water was, he drove at the right speed not overtaking his own bow wave. The bow wave made the flood water look much deeper than it was.

i agree.. it's no supercar, just a sports car.
    the nsx and espirit really remind me of each other actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

SV wrote: »

"IT'S STILL RUNNING"
    oh shut your mouth.

Racist much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Maybe not the focus RS then but an M3, c'mon! Take an M3 csl. Faster, more expensive, more exclusive and class looks and thats not a supercar.

I would class supercars by high BHP, super fast acceleration and massive top end speeds but also with the heavy expense and exclusiveness.

I dont think the csl would ever be classed as a supercar because of its looks, yes it is very nice, but really how much different is it from a 320d? thats the problem. A supercar has to low to the ground, normally shaped like a wedge, mid or rear mounted and unlike any average car.
    You could agrue that the NSX didn't have the expense or the V8+. and that doesn't allow it the supercar term, but there is no definition of supercar (that i know of) but by my definition, coming from the early 90's when it was launched, it most defiantly does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Considering it was pouring out the doors the interior is ruined, and with the water up over the windscreen good chance the ventilation system is fecked too. Either way it's going to be costly to repair.

Don't wanna go off topic, but M3 CSL and NSX are not in the same league. Here's a couple of interesting videos (2nd one is the V10 powered M6). M3 CSL is a great car all the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VjgbvpyCp8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGco3vowTs4

Anyone interested in a bit of history of the NSX should find this interesting, particularly from about half way in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5brM8UhH5g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

You know you have just committed motors blasphemy, the best F1 driver in the history of motor sport Ayrton Senna was a Honda test driver on the NSX project and made a lot of the recommendations on chassis setup..

I couldnt give two FCKS if the car had 200bhp comparing an NSX to a poxy M3 (and I know how good the CSL is) or worse and ford fukus is ... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dotzy

lol what a douchebag...at least it looked clean when it drove out lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

a NSX vs M3 is a no brainer tbh

and only an idiot would compare a focus to a NSX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

nsx supercar in its day and honda's answer to ferrari

m3csl just another bmw that are made today

two great looking cars btw but at the time there was no csl when the nsx was been manufactured

nsx supercar in its day and honda's answer to ferrari

m3csl just another bmw that are made today

two great looking cars btw but at the time there was no csl when the nsx was been manufactured

comparing a m3 to nsx or using raw bhp is just nonsnese

its like comparing two women

one could be a whore with huge boobs and the other could also have huge boobs but also have style and dignity

a car designed by the great man can not be sniffed at, and for what its worth the 850csi is more of a match for the nsx than the m3

:p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

fullstop wrote: »
    Racist much?
    How do you figure that?

just an observation. :)

• Advertisement

for what its worth the 850csi is more of a match for the nsx
    850 csi weighs 2 tonnes, which is about double what the NSX weighs. The 850 is more of a fast cruiser than a sports car.

comparing a m3 to nsx or using raw bhp is just nonsnese

its like comparing two women

one could be a whore with huge boobs and the other could also have huge boobs but also have style and dignity
    like Jordan compared to Diana lol

a car designed by the great man can not be sniffed at, and for what its worth the 850csi is more of a match for the nsx than the m3

i wasnt comparing them i was stating they are from different era's comparison isn't an option ,
    maybe compare a bmw from that era with the nsx .

:p:p:p
    i wasnt comparing them i was stating they are from different era's comparison isn't an option ,

it was aimed @ plug sorry.

as for 850csi vs nsx, i meant in terms of uniqueness and rareness rather than bhp/weight

if it was based on the latter the 850 would eat the nsx

JHMEG wrote: »
    850 csi weighs 2 tonnes, which is about double what the NSX weighs. The 850 is more of a fast cruiser than a sports car.

hmmm

dont think so, I havent taken a 850csi for a spin but I knew a bmw indie who did and his jaw dropped when I asked him how it went....!

with a v12 under the bonnet and derestricted, its practically unstoppable

sure the engines in the back it wouldn't cause that much damage lol

hmmm

dont think so, I havent taken a 850csi for a spin but I knew a bmw indie who did and his jaw dropped when I asked him how it went....!

with a v12 under the bonnet and derestricted, its practically unstoppable
    No doubt it's rocket fast. That is until you show it a bend. Trying to get 2 tonnes around a bend is a lot harder than 1 tonne. A *lot* harder. NSX excelled because of it's balance and speed through corners.

An 850 csi *might* be faster in a striaght line, but I doubt it, as the M6 (which is a lot more powerful) in the video above isn't. Again this would be down to the NSX weighing half nothing.

• Advertisement

No doubt it's rocket fast. That is until you show it a bend. Trying to get 2 tonnes around a bend is a lot harder than 1 tonne. A *lot* harder. NSX excelled because of it's balance and speed through corners.

An 850 csi *might* be faster in a striaght line, but I doubt it, as the M6 (which is a lot more powerful) in the video above isn't. Again this would be down to the NSX weighing half nothing.

well id rather a nsx over any bmw any day....

:o

I should say btw that if I was ever to buy a BMW, the 850 csi is in the top 3 as far as I am concerned.

Another interesting thing re the NSX is Gordon Murray, designer of the McLaren F1 used the NSX as a benchmark:

"The moment I drove the NSX, all the benchmark cars—Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini—I had been using as references in the development of my car vanished from my mind. Of course the car we would create, the McLaren F1, needed to be faster than the NSX, but the NSX's ride quality and handling would become our new design target."

He owned an NSX for 7 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Hard to watch. Such a fantastic and overlooked car reduced to this. Wasn't one destined for cash for clunkers of something was it?

I know it's been said already but thats a load of crap. Your main justification for it not being a supercar is because it's a honda with just under 300 brake. The mind boggles:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

To be honest it looked like he just drove into a flood and said f*ck it, here now so I might as well try to get out the other side while it's still running!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

I can only think you're trying to get a reaction because that's an ignorant statement. First of all you're comparing modern motors with a car than came out about 18 years ago.

Secondly...back in the day that was sufficent power for a supercar but the NSX was never about Top Trump figures - handling delicacy (fetttled by Senna), uncompromised engineering, perfect weight distribution, practicality and reliabilty...the list goes on.

It's blasphemy to even compare it to an overpowered, compromised, flavour-of-the-month FWD shopping trolley like the RS (if Ford really wanted to do it properly they would have spent more pennies and given it AWD).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

It's not funny how silly that statement is. You sir, know absolutely NOTHING about cars and should get a temp ban from the motors forum for comments like that.

I should say btw that if I was ever to buy a BMW, the 850 csi is in the top 3 as far as I am concerned.

Another interesting thing re the NSX is Gordon Murray, designer of the McLaren F1 used the NSX as a benchmark:

"The moment I drove the NSX, all the benchmark cars—Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini—I had been using as references in the development of my car vanished from my mind. Of course the car we would create, the McLaren F1, needed to be faster than the NSX, but the NSX's ride quality and handling would become our new design target."

He owned an NSX for 7 years.
    Actually Murray said later that with the F1 he got close to his target of giving it the same type of characteristics as the NSX in terms of drivability, but not quite as good! (by characteristics I mean the ability of being a doddle to drive around town etc and yet fantastic on a track).
    The only BMW you could really compare it to is the M1. They're in similar classes really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Biro wrote: »
    It's not funny how silly that statement is. You sir, know absolutely NOTHING about cars and should get a temp ban from the motors forum for comments like that.
    Let's leave the modding to the mods, thanks. If you have a problem with a post, feel free to report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

Why is everyone talking about M3's??

An M3 is a Sports saloon, the best allround sports saloon (IMO)

The NSX is a 10 year old budget supercar, it not a supercar now by todays standards, but it will still go like stink and offer sports car handling with supercar looks.

I certainly wouldnt be driving through a flood like that in either car, bow wave or not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Ahh now come on budget supercar! theres no such thing... LOL :D it was more than a match for a 911 C2 of the same era..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

What an idiot, it's cringing watching him do that to an nsx :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

it was aimed @ plug sorry.

as for 850csi vs nsx, i meant in terms of uniqueness and rareness rather than bhp/weight

if it was based on the latter the 850 would eat the nsx

The NSX has a better power/weight ratio than the 850CSi :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Murphy09

cant believe he got tru it :) wonder if the water got inside the car, sokein into the carpet and seats and all, prob one o those twats that'll just buy another 1 in the morning

Why is everyone talking about M3's??

An M3 is a Sports saloon, the best allround sports saloon (IMO)

The NSX is a 10 year old budget supercar, it not a supercar now by todays standards, but it will still go like stink and offer sports car handling with supercar looks.

I certainly wouldnt be driving through a flood like that in either car, bow wave or not!
    It was never a budget supercar. It was a fully fledged supercar with no corners cut. It was never about out and out bhp, but for the bhp it had, no engine was as good at the time for specific output, not many engines have surpassed it since in overall packaging, and it could embarass all it's rivals at a track day and cruise home at leisure afterwards.
    It has supercar handling, not sports car handling. Don't make that mistake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

This is more how it should be used

• Advertisement
Advertisement