Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon 1D MarkIIN or 1D Mark III.

• 28-09-2009 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

So i've decided to upgrade.I don't know which camera to get,either a 1D Mark IIN or a 1D Mark III. Is there anyone on the forum who has either used or had experience with either camera. Also how much would one be willing to pay for the camera secondhand. All this will depend on the sale of my 40D with battery grip...;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinarello

37 views and not one reply..hmmmmmm......:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

personally i didnt reply because at the moment i can only dream of a 1D in any shape or form! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I didn't reply because Eirebear didn't er I mean because I didn't know the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭steelydan99

I own a 1D MKii and its the best camera i have owned to date., Only 8MP but fast and built like a rock. Cant vouch for the MkIII , but depending on what types of photography you want to use it for, i would say its a god buy??

Bought mine for £800 with 6000 clicks on it

Seen many go for less but hight mileage on the bodies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Used both, own a 1D MKII N.

Dunno what to tell you really, the MKII N is an awesome camera but the MKIII is an even better camera. Dunno if its 'twice the price' better though ...

MKIV should be arriving shortly as well ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I have a 1d mkII, The N is only a very small upgrade, a few extra frames in the buffer and .5inch bigger screen, but its still a crappy screen. I just use it to check blown highlights.

the 1d mkIII is a great camera, if you can afford it go for it, but if your struggling to come up with the cash for it and have to sacrifice money from your lens budget just get the mkII, you'll be very happy with it.

Ill eventually get a mkIII or a 1ds mkII, my mkII just had a new shutter fitted by canon so is like new but has a good bit of paint wear so I dont think it would get the money its worth if I sold it, otherwise I'd sell it and move up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

I jumped from the 40D to the 1D2n I think it is an amazing camera. The interface (especially the two buttons to change anything) takes a while to get used to but once you do it becomes a lot easier to use. The focusing speed and the shutter lag speed were a massive improvement over the 40D.

mifsuds.com have 1D3 for 1899 which is a bit of a bargain I think. They also have a few 2n's in stock as well.

If you are buying the 1D3 I would recommend making sure that it has the latest fix for the autofocus issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I have a 1D MkIII and love it. A really brilliant camera - great response, great AF, fits well in the hand, very reliable, and it does what I need.

But, Canon will be releasing a new 1 series camera in the not too distant future, if you can afford it and can wait to hang on. When it's announced, 1D MkIII camera prices will be reduced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinarello

Lads, thank's very much for all the replys.I really appreciate the time ye have all taken to give me your opinions.I think i'll hang on like Paulw said and wait...:)

Advertisement