Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish apprentice..must we????

Options
  • 28-09-2009 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi,

How bad is the Irish apprentice?

Someone gets sacked last year for cheating and now she's a celebrity on the show (Joanne Murphy I think) Our guys can't even decide on ice-cream...jeez

Then they have Brendan something (the un-funny Brendan Behan look-alike) hosting the later programme you're fired. It's just desperate television.

Listen..we tried Who wants to be a millionaire, the weakest link (Eamon Dunphy..enough said) we should really stop trying to follow our english counterparts.

They can do it and we just can't.

Oh yeah and then there's celebrity JIGS AND REELS every Christmas.
    :eek:
    Come on.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Don't watch it?

Personally, I think it's the only decent thing on Irish television.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

To be fair the appentice itself is a pretty good show.It's the you're fired program that gets my goat.I watched it last week and vowed never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭pepsi1234

Oh god, just had a flashback of Dunphy on TWL. Had completely forgot about that.
    The first series was good, I haven't got into this one yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 maidenireland

Don't watch it?

Are you mad? was just told they can't decide on a black or white background for the Samsung promotion!!!! what a shower of spanners.

If this is the future we are in big trouble.

Buy a sky dish and watch other channels......seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Wrong forum! When will people ever learn! It belongs in Reality TV!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Don't watch it?

Definitely up there as one of the best anyway, but only for the fact that its comedy gold...without intending to be. Seriously its compulsive viewing watching a group of idiots who think they're it make complete t1ts of themselves trying and failing to do simple tasks. Why anyone would want to put themselves through it to go work for Billo is beyond me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

what a shower of spanners.

But that is the whole point of the show. It would be very boring to watch a group of young hopefuls succeed at every task. Nobody with a screed of sense and a brain would subject themselves to it. The contestants are deluded, they have to be. Also nobody watches it thinking they are going to learn something about business - it is pure entertainment. I've really enjoyed both shows and it is the only thing I can commend TV3 on.

I agree with earlier poster re: the You're Fired show. It takes production values to a new low and Brendan O'Connor is a a miserable, skanky, unfunny bully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Wrong forum! When will people ever learn! It belongs in Reality TV!

I think it belongs in Ranting and Raving actually:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I am not going to move it to After hours extra! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

I reckon The Apprentice is great, its mostly car crash TV and the producers must have a great laugh putting it all together. They must have tons of great footage showing the ineptitude of both the contestants and the 3 clowns on the other side of the table.

in regards to WWTBAM, sure Uncle Gaybo bankrupted that show with his ridiculous wages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

BolBill wrote: »

in regards to WWTBAM, sure Uncle Gaybo bankrupted that show with his ridiculous wages.

I reckon that he also wrecked the show by not understanding properly the object of the show. He helped contests get to the 32k cut off point e.g. if someone was struggling and was coming up with the wrong answer, his facial tics and inflections would give them a hint that their answer was wrong. It was costing Eircom the sponsor a fortune. That's probably why they pulled out of the deal. Anyway Gaybo was totally unsuited to hosting the show. He was no Tarrant !

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

Listen - this isn't about hindsight. It's about looking back and discussing what you did wrong.

I learned that from Bill so I wont hear a word said against it.

Advertisement