Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Cajon

Options
  • 28-09-2009 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi. Can anyone recommend a brand or place to buy a Cajon? I've seen a couple of trad bands and buskers using these things and the sounds are amazing.
    Want to get one but don't really know much about them. Any advice appreciated.
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Duffman86

you can get them on thomann.de they seem a little expensive for a glorified crate tho:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jhp

You can get them in x music at the red cow. price from 120 to 250 depending on which one you want. i have a meinl one which i think is great, and they are a great little instrument when used right, and in the right context!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Black Thorn

I have a pearl one, very nice but a bit wasted on me I'm afraid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Daverockstar

Thanks all. Got one delivered today. God help my poor neighbours while I get to grips with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Tante Zoé's in temple bar.

ooh,

cajon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Thanks all. Got one delivered today. God help my poor neighbours while I get to grips with it!

some good footage of traditional cajon on youtube .Check out the afro peruvian stuff as this is were the instrument comes from .Its a different style to flamenco which is also very interesting ! if you want some lessons let me know :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Stixwild

Hey man.. I have tried many cajons. And in my mind the best are the ones made by meinl.. As for which one.. That would depend on your budget...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bonio7

Hi does anyone know where i can get lessons on the cajon drum?

email me at bonio7@hotmail.com

Thanks
    Sean

Advertisement