Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coir anti-Lisbon leaflet in official HSE correspondence

Options
  • 28-09-2009 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭

As the title says.

My wife received a letter today from Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Drogheda confirming her next maternity appointment.

There were a few pregnancy-related leaflets with the HSE-headed letter, but I did a double-take when I saw they included an Anti-Lisbon leaflet by Coir.

On the front was a picture of a guy in a suit stuffing 500 Euro notes in his pocket over the phrase "Don't let them get away with it - say No to Lisbon".

I took a pic of it with my moby but I haven't been able to transfer it yet.

Maybe this isn't one for the politics forum, but I really felt aggrieved that someone is misusing their position in the hospital to forward a political agenda.

Should I even bother to write to the master of the hospital regarding this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Yes you should make a formal complaint. Hospitals probably have a code of ethics and this should be an issue where that code is breached.

Our Lady of Lourdes, as far as I know, is still heavily under the influence of the Nuns up there. Doubtless their ethos had something to do with it since Coir is basically just Youth Defence

• Registered Users Posts: 14,400 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i'd report it to the minister for health, that must be a breach of some code for a publiclly funded organisation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Yes. I'd report it.

Definitely report it.

An absolute disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Report it .... to Joe Duffy;)

Advertisement