Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake Dead

Options
  • 28-09-2009 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

Is Quake live as we know it in Ireland dead already?

No one on my Flist comes online anymore, And most the new people adding me as a friend have allot to learn and most probably wont.

Where do I go from here :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

On IRC, #esports.ie or #quakelive.ie are your best bet. There are some QL players here in Ireland, they just seem to hide out on IRC. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Still some players playing. A lot only learning the basics (like me!).

kRoNic, Jazzy, Deliasz, EmSixTeen, Dardoz, rzelky (active at times but a solid player) all active and a good skill set between them. Some other players don't seem to get as much time at it. Hedgepig is a good player but doesn't seem to be around a lot. Not sure if Vinnit picked up QL but dangerous at Q3!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Deliasz

we are still alive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

Does anyone know any decent skilled teams recruiting at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I installed QL again now that there is a Linux version... I created a new account though because I couldn't remember my old one. The new one is "Vizzini" (never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!!!) but have only played for 7 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Rickard

I never even tried quake live

/ melachi

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

IT'S ALLIVVEEEE

We need to get Irish stuff going. Not aided by the lack of LAN support. And my ability to get online things off the ground is now hampered by PunkBuster kicking me.....and a lack of sound in-game!

🤪

With quake live not being included in WCG during the summer I don't see the point :( me apxyou and av0ka were thought by deus and some other seriously skilled players to compete for it, theres only cups going on atm that fill up with what I presume are old school q3 players.

No one will touch us for a team cause we only started playing since ql even doh our skill is at a much higher level then most who have been around years :(

Not fair!

ESL Uk Wednesday night cups? Couple of ladders floating about (also ESL UK) that might be worth a go...

http://www.esl.eu/uk/quakelive/

(Irish) kRoNic currently top of ladder and the likes of Deliasz and crow have been playing the cups. Will keep an eye on ye're progress too ;)

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Rickard wrote: »
    I never even tried quake live

/ melachi

Thats coz your scared your gonna run into me rick

/ reddy

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Rickard

red_ice wrote: »
    Thats coz your scared your gonna run into me rick

/ reddy

lol this is true.

how you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Deliasz

With quake live not being included in WCG during the summer I don't see the point :( me apxyou and av0ka were thought by deus and some other seriously skilled players to compete for it, theres only cups going on atm that fill up with what I presume are old school q3 players.

No one will touch us for a team cause we only started playing since ql even doh our skill is at a much higher level then most who have been around years :(

Not fair!

Show me skill mate :D

My nick on ql "Deliasz"

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Kidchameleon from Ireland here, I challenge thee, (OP) to a duel, Irish Quake live lives, but you die!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Townlad

i dont know yee but i hear QL turns ya into wussies... DrPigie recomends cd rom vershion(q3),feel the machine.heartpounding stuff...oink oink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Jedi_IRL

I'm around too Lads,

Feel free to add me to your friends lst. Jedi_irl. No where near the skill level of Kronic and Del but pretty active.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I've just made it to tier 4, add me Sh00terMacG ^ ^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Cpt.beefhart

Were around.
    I'm middle skill only getting good connection now so.... I'll defo play alot more.

cpt.beefhart

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

good fight!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Personally I don't think you should ever call a game "dead".

Quake Live is obviously not "dead", there are tons and tons of people on every night. I don't know why people get some morbid inclination to call games dead.

• Advertisement

Funny you should say that, I actually got nostalgic and bought the original on steam and I was blown away by the amount of quake servers still running, now if only i could manage to get a non corrupt copy of rocket arena ^ ^.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I haven't played since they brought in that membership system.

I'm pissed off at OP. I tried to repress it with that earlier post but gah, I can't. :mad:

Never call a game dead. :( Calling a game "dead" means nothing. What is this morbid fascination with saying a game is dead? Just go if you don't think there are enough people around anymore, go follow the crowd like sheep. The thousands of people on at any one time won't miss you.

I just noticed something that made me laugh. He made this topic almost two years ago and yet here QL is, as alive as ever. It has hardly gone down at all in numbers over the past two years. And in two years, I bet it will still be in good shape, though we might see a slightly smaller group of players.

However I think that QL may be one of the first games ever to gain "immortality". QW was/is cool, though it has some technical drawbacks and graphics that aren't as satisfying (to me anyway). QL though is just right. There is no way that a technological advancement will make a game superior to QL, if there is I'll gladly migrate to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Chris Hansen

Any point in breaking out the old cd-rom? I was a master at ctf vs the bots on nightmare, railgun for the win lads!

Hehe I thought I was the man, finishing the game on nightmare, backing the day. But there are players out there that make aimbots look bad ^ ^.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭McNulty737

playing a bit of quakelive recently....add me as a friend damian737.

He made this topic almost two years ago and yet here QL is, as alive as ever.

2 years ago it was dead in Ireland, and by the looks of things, still is.

less QQ more PEWPEW.

Aldoh myself and a few others are representing Ireland on the ESL Countries champtionship, A total of 4 irish players, I would definatley call that, dead in ireland.

2 years ago it was dead in Ireland, and by the looks of things, still is.

less QQ more PEWPEW.

Aldoh myself and a few others are representing Ireland on the ESL Countries champtionship, A total of 4 irish players, I would definatley call that, dead in ireland.

With all due respect it doesn't matter and nobody cares what you would call "dead in Ireland". Saying a game is dead is a different adjective for a different context. I already tried to explain this to you. The word only has any meaning when directly compared to other games. But there are many thousands of people playing every night anyway.

Just because only a few people are willing to go to a (some would say) pointless competition doesn't make a game "dead" at all. Considering you apparently can't even or refuse to use proper english I doubt you'd even have the intelligence to become that good at Quake. Maybe other people have better things to do with their lives than get involved in such competitions, that doesn't mean they don't like Quake anymore. Why the hell would you even bring that up to discuss the popularity of Quake when what matters is how much are playing every night?

I don't know what nonsense QQ and PewPew is... and I certainly do not want to.

With all due respect it doesn't matter and nobody cares what you would call "dead in Ireland". Saying a game is dead is a different adjective for a different context. I already tried to explain this to you. The word only has any meaning when directly compared to other games. But there are many thousands of people playing every night anyway.

Just because only a few people are willing to go to a (some would say) pointless competition doesn't make a game "dead" at all. Considering you apparently can't even or refuse to use proper english I doubt you'd even have the intelligence to become that good at Quake. Maybe other people have better things to do with their lives than get involved in such competitions, that doesn't mean they don't like Quake anymore. Why the hell would you even bring that up to discuss the popularity of Quake when what matters is how much are playing every night?

I don't know what nonsense QQ and PewPew is... and I certainly do not want to.

Stop posting, You have nothing useful or interesting to say. Especially 2 years after I post.

Quit living in the past buddy.

• Advertisement

Stop posting, You have nothing useful or interesting to say. Especially 2 years after I post.

Quit living in the past buddy.

Come off it.

You're a disgrace to this board. Get the hell onto some other board. This board is for people who like Quake.

"quit living in the past" is another stupid and meaningless cliche used only by idiots. QL is the most active Quake there is today, if you are telling people to quit it then get the hell off this board.

The fact that we live in such a small country gives people a huge chance to represent their country in minority events, and the fact that you would take this loophole and then use it to say that Quake is dead makes me sick.

"herp derp... quit living in the past buddy"..... why are you speaking like an American? I have no respect for you, don't ever talk to me again.

Advertisement