Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 Help Question

• 28-09-2009 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.
    Im working in a big toy shop chain and we got a broken Xbox 360 in the other day, and as the resident game nerd I got the job of testing it. The only problem: I know all there is to know about Nintendo and Sony consoles, but Microsoft....not so much.
    Basically the woman who brought it in said that the console wont read games anymore, except for whatever one came with it originally. So I took two games from work home with me along with the Xbox to try it out.
    The first time I stuck in Sega Superstars Tennis it said disc read error and to clean the disc, but then when I went down to "Play Game" it worked fine, I never even removed the disc or anything. That played fine, I was at it for 10-15 minutes.
    I threw in some Naruto game after and it started fine but started lagging or skipping during a fight and then froze completely.

Any ideas on if there's a home fix or does she have to send it back to Microsoft?

PS She's had it since November 2008 so it's still under warranty I presume.

Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭dunie001

tell her to send it back to Microsoft...they'll either fix it or send her on a new xbox 360 (identical one to the one she sent in)

Just tell her to go to the xbox 360 support page on the internet and go through the steps to get the thing sent off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 contraceptor

Theyre the first simptoms of the red ring of doom.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭X_X

Hmm I thought that RROD was dealt with by Microsoft but its obvious that its not... hehe

yeah I would try and send it to Microsoft and then they will decided what to do with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Jafin

Thanks guys.
    Originally she had been told to find the Microsoft support page and print out a claims form, but apparently she's that computer illiterate she couldn't even manage that. I'll find it for her and tell her to send it to Microsoft.
    Thanks again!

Advertisement