Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Eve Claims I am a Trillionaire

• 28-09-2009 7:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

So I have not played Eve in a long time, probably over a year now. Today I received a promotional email from CCP that was themed around my character complaining that they had loads of money and wanted me to log in so we could spend it.

When I left, the character in question had several billion ISK stored up. In the email it claims to have "8,506,989,015,629" (direct copy and paste). There are only two possible explanations:

1 - CCP are being sneaky douchebags and have deliberately tricked me into thinking I have tons of money by representing the ISK-cents in three digits and with a ",629" instead of a ".629".

2 - Some lunatic has, for unfathomable reasons, deposited a staggering fortune into my account.

Number 1 is far far more likely, but just in case I would like to check without having to install the client. Also I am at work so it would have to wait until later. The email also came with a 24hr free pass so it'll cost me nothing to log in, but out of sheer curiosity I'd like to get opinions on this.

Has anyone else gotten this email and can they confirm that explanation 1 is the case?

Comments

Advertisement