Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making Sketches

Options
  • 28-09-2009 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

Hopefully this is the right forum.

Myself and a few mates are going to start shooting some comedy sketches. both indoors and outdoors.

Thing is we havent a clue what equipment we need. We don't want to spend too much on a camera.

What kind of one would we need. And would we need a tripod. We are based in Cork. So where would be good to but the stuff.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

how much u willing to spend. 3-chip camcorders start around 2000.plus accessories itd be good to have 3000. u could prolly make your money back by sending in clips to kirstys homevideos.i got 3750 off them a few yrs back for 18 bmx crashes.

Briano.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

alright lad, good to hear that more corkonians are writing sketches. I'm doing the same thing with a few lads in cork at the mo. We get our stuff from St. Johns but you can save a lot of bucks if you're just doing sketches. I'm guessing these are going to be broadcast on YouTube?

A standard HD cam ill do the work for you. The main thing I recommend is something for sound - you can make your own boom and record sound either through the camera if it has an xlr port (mic port) or standard headphone port. Or if you had a sound recorder like an M-Audio or even a minidisc player, once you had a good mic

The next thing is the editing software. Final Cut Pro is the best as you can do pretty much everything with it (it'll help fill in the gaps where your budget cannot fill, to a certain degree). But there are other movie editing softwares out there, just please don't say that ye will be editing in Windows Movie Maker ;)

PM me sure if you want more info or if you'd like to meet up and talk about your sketch group. I'm involved in the comedy scene in cork as well.

Advertisement