Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOONKIN!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

On my phone so cant link to armoury atm but look up yensil on magtheridon and copy the boomkin spec i have as it is the best raid DPS spec imo. Get glyph of starfire, moonfire and insect swarm. Your rotation on bosses is Faerie fire, moonfire, insect swarm and then spam wrath until eclipse proc, then starfire until its over (if nature grace is up then add in another starfire to try and proc lunar eclipse) spam wrath til eclipse and repeat. Treants when you want. Stack sp and crit once hit capped.(10%)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Optimum raid haste is 400 which means with natures grace and ele shammy totem you wrath will be 1 second cast. Keep your debuffs up all the time but dont refresh during eclipse unless you have over 10 secs left on eclipse. Use CDs on starfire eclipse. Thats all i can think of atm! Shout if you have any questions :) sorry for double post but m.boards doesnt like long posts =\

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Everything you need to know: http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t66856-moonkin_pve_dps/

The only time you shouldn't refresh DoTs is during Lunar Eclipse when you have the Bloodlust/Heroism buff. Otherwise you should refresh them unless there's only a second or two left in the Eclipse (they're generally much higher DEPT (damage per execution time) then a Wrath or Starfire cast during normal Eclipse procs).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 cfitz94

what do u mean by "procs"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

cfitz94 wrote: »

Proc = when a passive skill becauses active because of a hit/crit etc!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

cfitz94 wrote: »

Proc in this case refers to when you gain the Eclipse buff. There are two types, Lunar and Solar Eclipse both of which now are on separate cooldowns. The core of your rotation is first proccing Lunar Eclipse and then proccing Solar Eclipse when Lunar is over, rinse and repeat. During Lunar Eclipse Starfire is boosted, during Solar, Wrath. So to proc Lunar cast Wrath and once Lunar Eclipse is procced cast Starfire. Do the opposite with Solar Eclipse.

Within this cycle you want to maintain close to 100% uptime on your Moonfire and Insect Swarm DoTs (i.e. recast them when they drop off the boss/mob). You also want to maximise Starfall and Force of Nature casts over the fight.

Add-ons you need:

Squawk and Awe: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info11436-SquawkAndAwe.html

WiseEclipse (how this works is explained in the theory guide I linked to above): http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info14710-WiseEclipse.html

There is an awful lot more to playing a moonkin but the above are the basics. Also, contrary to the above advice, stack haste first, until you reach the soft cap (405 assuming you've always got a Shaman providing Wrath of Air totem, 585 if you don't have such). It's only worthwhile stacking crit after reaching this amount of haste.

Advertisement