Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

English Language Teaching... please help!!

• 28-09-2009 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I am going to do my dissertation (for a Masters) in some area of ELT (english language teaching). I was thinking of looking at humanistic approaches to ELT. Or maybe looking at the affective aspects of ELT. What would you guys think of these topics? I am also interested in CLIL.

Are there any areas/readings/websites you guys could direct me to? Maybe some of you could offer me some advice on interesting topics within ELT as I am new to it (under grad degree in Science teaching!)

:) :P :D :pac: :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭madziuda

Plenty of possibilities, you can look at second language aquisition among migrants to Ireland (could do some field studies, talk to language support teachers in your local schools, the kids in their classes etc), if methodology is what you're interested in you could research the effectiveness of Total Physical Response Method in light of recent developments in motor memory studies.
    given your background in science you might write on the use of technology in modern ELT classroom, or maybe exploring the link between neurolinguistics and second language teaching might be your cup of tea?

I'm currently looking into doing a PhD in the latter (have a Master's in TEFL) and must say it's a hugely interesting area!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 neil3000

madziuda wrote: »
    Plenty of possibilities, you can look at second language aquisition among migrants to Ireland (could do some field studies, talk to language support teachers in your local schools, the kids in their classes etc), if methodology is what you're interested in you could research the effectiveness of Total Physical Response Method in light of recent developments in motor memory studies.
    given your background in science you might write on the use of technology in modern ELT classroom, or maybe exploring the link between neurolinguistics and second language teaching might be your cup of tea?

I'm currently looking into doing a PhD in the latter (have a Master's in TEFL) and must say it's a hugely interesting area!

Thanks for all that, all your ideas seem very interesting. I am especially interested the link between neurolinguistics and second lang. teaching. :)
    Would you know anything about CLIL?

Advertisement