Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technology for LC

Options
  • 28-09-2009 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hey guys, long time lurker new poster here. I'm looking at ways to maximise points for my CAO in 6th year and have been considering Technology, it's not really a subject which seems to discussed much, if at all.

However, after looking at a sample paper it seems really the kind of stuff I'm interested and already have a knowledge for. I have a passion for PC gaming and computers, as a result I already know a lot about hardware and things like that. I'm also studying Physics which seems to also be of help here with things like Logic Gates and circuits seemingly involved.

So my question to you is where the hell can I take Technology as a LC subject (outside of school obviously)? After a tad bit of research it seem like it is only in a trail period as a LC subject or something? This is a huge shame in my opinion as this is exactly the modern kind of subject I feel the LC needs as a computer enthusiast.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Hey guys, long time lurker new poster here. I'm looking at ways to maximise points for my CAO in 6th year and have been considering Technology, it's not really a subject which seems to discussed much, if at all.

However, after looking at a sample paper it seems really the kind of stuff I'm interested and already have a knowledge for. I have a passion for PC gaming and computers, as a result I already know a lot about hardware and things like that. I'm also studying Physics which seems to also be of help here with things like Logic Gates and circuits seemingly involved.

So my question to you is where the hell can I take Technology as a LC subject (outside of school obviously)? After a tad bit of research it seem like it is only in a trail period as a LC subject or something? This is a huge shame in my opinion as this is exactly the modern kind of subject I feel the LC needs as a computer enthusiast.

I really doubt you'd be able to do it, schools that do it seem to have all sorts of crazy facilities. Look into it, but seriously, dont get your hopes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

I do technology, but unless its being done in your school i cant see how your going to do it!.
    there is also a project worth 25%, and another handy enough 25% for a folder!..
    I would have thought taking up an extra subject would result in less time for other subjects(reducing your points)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 brenwald

You cannot do lc technology unless its is a subject being taught in your school
    Basically because you cannot submit any project work for any LC (or JC) unless that project work has been carried out in accordance with the SEC guidelines, for example:
    1. the project work has been carried out in school under the supervision of the teacher
    2. that it is your own, unaided work - your teacher and school verify this by signing off on all candidates work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Ah well, too bad I guess. Guess I'll just have to continue to struggle away at HL English. Thanks for replies. ;)

Advertisement