If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pronto problems

Options
  • 28-09-2009 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Came home to play with my new pronto toy today and its been driving me batty the last few hours.
    I turned it on and changed all the settings in it to hook it up for wireless but for the life of me could not get it connected to the network.
    I eventually changed the settings on my wireless router to have a 128 bit wep key and eventually got the wireless symbol on the status screen. When i went to get the welcome page up though still same issue and could not get any page up.
    I thought it might be old version of the browser so decided to do an upgrade and now im stuck on a screen that says "The iPronto is unable to connect to the network." it goes on to tell me to press the channel button to perform updates to the wireless and network section. I have gone through all of this and even taken security off my router to try get it to connect but it will not go anywhere off this screen. When I take the battery out and back in again I get a message saying the pront will connect to the netowrk to download software and its the same story again. Even the reset button on the back I end up with the same message.
    Anything I can do????

B~

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 AlphaRt

Hi Bazual

I too got one of the Prontos. Had the same problem as well but managed to sort it. I had to switch to 64 bit WEP as the pronto grinds to a halt if you use 128 bit WEP.

I recommend that you reset the unit to factory default by holding in the reset key for about 10-15 seconds. Any less than this and it does not appear to reset the WiFi settings.

First thing that I did when I got the unit on line was check for a firmware update. There is none, the unit is as up to date as when it was made.

I did however have great fun trying to get the edit software to run under Vista, but that is another story.

PM me if I can be of any futher help

• Registered Users Posts: 10 knackee

AlphaRt wrote: »
    Hi Bazual

I too got one of the Prontos. Had the same problem as well but managed to sort it. I had to switch to 64 bit WEP as the pronto grinds to a halt if you use 128 bit WEP.

I had to play around with the settings to get the remote to connect to the wireless working (I had been using WPA), but having turned off the security to connect initially, I then changed to 128bit WEP. The remote and the extender have been working perfectly since with the 128bit encryption.

I'm using a Linksys Wireless-G ADSL Home Gateway WAG354G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

AlphaRt/knackee

Thanks for your help. I eventually managed to get it up and running on an unsecured network. I am in the sticks anyway so no-one else will be logging on unless a van pulls up outside :)

I havent installed the edit software yet so that might be tonights task.

Thanks again.

B~

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

bazual wrote: »
    AlphaRt/knackee

Thanks for your help. I eventually managed to get it up and running on an unsecured network. I am in the sticks anyway so no-one else will be logging on unless a van pulls up outside :)

I havent installed the edit software yet so that might be tonights task.

Thanks again.

B~

...Ash Quick get the van - we know where he lives :eek:

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Hi Folks,

Pronto is up and running and controlling the amp upstairs, happy days.

One quick question though, maybe Ash can help. What kind of battery life should we get from these. My battery appears to be lasting for about 2 days. I dont use it that much at all yet but it appears to be using hte battery even when off.
    Can replacement batterys be ordered for this in case theres a prob with mine.
    I spotted a post here from about a year ago which has a philips rep quoting the cost of replacement battery, is this the way to go to get a new one?
    Here is the link

Anyone else have a short battery life with theirs?

Cheers
    B~

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Bazual

I'd expect that the battery will start lasting a little longer once it goes through a couple of charge/discharge cycles - thats been my experience with these types of remotes.

Also I blitz the battery in my prontos pretty quickly as I tend to update the screen styles constantly:)
    When i stop mucking about with it on the PC the battery last so much longer.

I'll look into the battery price and get back to you.

Cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.